Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2003, 09:41 PM

Our Camera would fog up when the we went from the cool air conditioned area's of the ship to the hot moist outside areas. It took about 15 minutes for our camera to adjust to the change, plus, we had to wipe the moisture off the lens. Be careful to check for moisture on your lens, before you shoot.....
Oh yes, our video camera hated the weather fluctuations so much it shut down and refused to work on the fifth day. It started working again, just fine, about two days after we got home. We haven't had a problem with it since. I think the tape was moist from the humidity...It fogged up a little....Toni ( tom's wife)
Old 06-22-2003, 09:41 PM

Our Camera would fog up when the we went from the cool air conditioned area's of the ship to the hot moist outside areas. It took about 15 minutes for our camera to adjust to the change, plus, we had to wipe the moisture off the lens. Be careful to check for moisture on your lens, before you shoot.....
Oh yes, our video camera hated the weather fluctuations so much it shut down and refused to work on the fifth day. It started working again, just fine, about two days after we got home. We haven't had a problem with it since. I think the tape was moist from the humidity...It fogged up a little....Toni ( tom's wife)
Old 06-23-2003, 01:39 AM

Hi Toni,

this is one of my "favorite problems" in the Caribbean, as well.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-23-2003, 10:33 PM

This happens to us in Florida, when it's hot and humid outside, and the inside has air conditioning on. The windows steam up inside the house. I experienced this problem for the first time through the Panama Canal, where it's very humid. It takes 5-10 minutes for the climate to adjust. As far as your video camera is concerned, did you try taking out the battery and drying off the connection area? That worked for me, as batteries won't work with moisture. Hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:45 PM

Tom, don't know if this will help, but I travel a lot on assignment as a photo journalist. I have more trouble in cold weather, but the thing is to get the camera as close to the ambient temp as possible. if its a small camera try keeping it close to your body (even under your arm) as you're leaving the ship. this will gradually bring the camera temp up and let it get used to the humidity. I also keep the camera in a heavy photo bag so it's more insulated. You could accomplish the same by keeping the camera in a drawer under clothes or in the safe. You can't always escape the problem and it usually occurs when you have that perfect shot. But it's a start. Good luck
Jay
Old 06-26-2003, 08:57 AM
This is kind of repeating what Jay says, but it does work!
Keep the camera "warm" in a bag or drawer out of the air conditioning to avoid the dew warning, which will shut them off. It works well on our JVC digital still/video camera.

"Sea" you,

Keith & Rita Ann

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!

Closed Thread