Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 08:28 AM

We leave for our cruise on Friday! Enchantment of the Seas to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I'm sorry for the stupid questions but this is my first cruise. My question is: Do cell phones work on the ships, probably not out at sea? If not, are there phones on the ship to check on our family at home? How much does internet access cost on the ship? And finally,
are their Hairdryers in the cabins? I can't live without one and don't want to pack it if not necessary.
Thanks,
E.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:43 AM

Hello, welcome to cruise-chat. Don't be sorry, I don't think these are stupid questions at all. We got off the Enchantment Dec 24. She truly is beautiful. The hair dryer was in the drawer of the desk, not in the bathroom, at least in our room. I saw lots of people on the ship using cell phones, I only noticed people using them when we were in our departing port. I do remember that you can call home from the phones on the ship, (I am pretty sure from your room), althought I remember the charge to be about $8 dollar a minute. There was a internet center to use, I don't know the charges. We ate in the Chops Grill, it is extra $20 a person. We both thought it was very worth it. Chops Grill is a steakhouse. If you have anyother questions, I would be happy to help. Enjoy the Enchantment and you first cruise. Maybe you will be addicted like the rest of us. Bon Voyage, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-31-2006, 11:34 AM

here's a tip: wear bathing suits under your clothes and you'll be able to hit the pool right away. though they want to check all your bags on the dock and bring them to the room, keep one bag with you that contains essential toiletries, sun tan lotion, makeup and a change of clothes for the evening diner. sometimes the bags dont make it to your room until late at night and you'll be glad you have clothes and other essentials available. i could go on and on.......oh, bring a glade plug in air freshener with a nice smell for the room, maybe with a night light, cause it gets pitch dark.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:35 AM
Cell phones will not work at sea but will work at a lot of ports. Keep in mind there will be roaming charges, sometimes rather high when using a cell phone out of the US. The GSM cell phones will work at a lot more ports than the older phones.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy June 27, 2014
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014

Past Cruises:
42 and Counting......
Old 02-04-2006, 06:59 PM

took a cruise on voyager last month to jamaica and grand caymans. the only place we could get a cell phone to work was in port at grand caymans, in jamaica the driver told us they would work inland but not around the port area. our contract cell phone would not work but our kids trac phones did. as to internet service my son used it a couple of times, it was .50 a minute. hair dryer was in desk drawer also.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:54 AM

RCI is in process installing equipment to service GSM phones.
But still, it is cheaper to call when in port.
Of course, this depends from country to country and from provider to provider.

Closed Thread