Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:16 AM

I have been reading alot of the threads about ports of calls. It has me thinking do you feel it would be better to book western (cozumel, labadee, Falmouth Jamaica) or Eastern (st. thomas, st. maarten, nassau). I will be taking the kids on a eastern carribean cruise in may going to the ports as listed above (st. thomas,..ect). My husband and I have been to cozumel and Jamaica he loved cozumel but felt jamaica to be unsafe espcially if with kids. I realize it really depends on personal choice, but I'm concerned about the excursions offered for western as it is too early to get info. I mainly am going for the ship, or I would go somewhere new. Thank you for any input.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-24-2009, 06:16 AM

I have been reading alot of the threads about ports of calls. It has me thinking do you feel it would be better to book western (cozumel, labadee, Falmouth Jamaica) or Eastern (st. thomas, st. maarten, nassau). I will be taking the kids on a eastern carribean cruise in may going to the ports as listed above (st. thomas,..ect). My husband and I have been to cozumel and Jamaica he loved cozumel but felt jamaica to be unsafe espcially if with kids. I realize it really depends on personal choice, but I'm concerned about the excursions offered for western as it is too early to get info. I mainly am going for the ship, or I would go somewhere new. Thank you for any input.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Hi tttrrr. IMO, it would be a shame to miss an itinerary you enjoy based on one port. One option is to stay onboard in the one port while the ship is docked, making an extra "sea day" for yourselves. This will also give you more time to enjoy the ship, which is your true destination in this case.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, eastern, excursions, oasis, port, ports, review, reviews, royal, sea, seas, verse, western