Right now I am looking at a cruise in late aug or early sept of 2007. Crown princess out of NYC to the caribbean to be exact. Should I wait a few months and see if the price comes down on this? What are the chances of it filling up?
Right now availablility looks pretty good for all the Caribbean sailings from 10 Aug to 3 Nov.
The only exception may be the Family Suites which are listed as "CALL PCL" but that's probably normal for that category.
I would think that some deals mightget announced for the 6 September sailing since it's right after school starts, but there's no guarantee and no way to know when a deal might be announced.
Raffeles are you from the US?
Well you have different cancellation policies.... so you could cancel and rebook if the offer comes out before you are into penalty time - however sometimes the cruiselines willpass on the deal to already booked passengers if they ask. You could upgrade for example without cost....Each cruiseline is a little differentwhile the carribean could see a price drop you will find exotic destinations almost always go up and if you wait you might get a less desireable cabin...It is a gamble to wait.
If the price does drop, all you have to do is call Princess. If you've not paid in full, they will adjust your balance. If you have, they'll either upgrade you or give you a ship board credit. Best wishes!
As always penny, right on the money; maybe you should change your moniker to Moneypenny--as per 007!
Yes, raffles, the earlier the better; then you can lock in the cabin and dinner arrangements you want.