Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (
-   General Cruise Chat (
-   -   Cruises to Bermuda from Florida (

RichC 02-20-2008 11:22 AM

Does anyone (especially any TA's out there) know why the cruise lines don't offer more ships that sail to Bermuda from Florida's east coast? There are a few each year but I would think that there would be a market similar to NY/NJ which runs the whole season. It's hard to believe that there wouldn't be sufficient pax to fill the ships.

Sandy 02-20-2008 12:10 PM

Rich, I suspect the problem is more that Bermuda always puts a limit on the number of ships it allows to sail there in a year. They want to make sure a lot of people are still flying to Bermuda, staying in hotels there and adding to the economy every day instead of just one day off a ship. With a limited number of ships allowed to dock there, I guess the cruise lines have made the decision to send most of their Bermuda cruises from the northeast, since Florida departures have so many other choices of destination.

RichC 02-20-2008 04:06 PM

It sounds logical but I still think there must be lot of people here in Florida who would want to cruise to there. Bermuda beats anything in the Caribbean by far.