Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 04:11 PM

Anyone know what the weather is like the end of March, beginning of April on a transatlantic leaving out of San Juan?
I'm trying to find this info out for my parents who are taking their first transatlantic. Thanks!
-Pat
Old 12-05-2007, 04:11 PM

Anyone know what the weather is like the end of March, beginning of April on a transatlantic leaving out of San Juan?
I'm trying to find this info out for my parents who are taking their first transatlantic. Thanks!
-Pat
Old 12-06-2007, 08:42 AM

Pat, welcome aboard Cruise-Chat.

I did a crossing from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon a few years ago and loved it. Mornings were cool but not cold, afternoons warm and sunny. The outdoor pool was closed (this was an older ship) but there were other things to do both outdoors as well as indoors.

As you can see by my ticker, I'm booked to do another crossing this spring. It will be on a smaller (200 pax) ship but I'm really looking forward to it.

If your parents enjoy days at sea, they should have a great time! Why don't you join them???

Old 12-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Thanks so much for answering.
I have too many commitments here...so I couldn't possibly go. Maybe another time.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:18 AM

I have the same question in mind. We're leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale on the 12th of April. I don't mind days at sea if it's warm enough to lounge in the sun.

Sonny
Old 12-06-2007, 10:41 AM

Sonny,
With the configuration of the Navigator (glass walls all around) you should have not trouble sunning yourself. The sun is not as hot as it is in the Caribbean (if that makes any sense) but you will still need to wear sun screen. Besides, if it gets too chilly, tell them to close the sliding roof - after all, you are a Mega Diamond C&A, right? Why else did you give them all your business! Trust me, you'll love it. There is something about being at sea for days and not having to deal with getting in line to disembark...

Old 12-13-2007, 09:00 AM
We did transatlantic cruises the past two years from florida to meditteranean, leaving middle of April. Weather was sunny, warm, and calm both times. roughest days were the first out from Florida and some days in the mediterranean.

Need some cruise help?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:37 PM

We do 2 transatlantics a year (April and sometime in the fall) and have had everything from gorgeous weather with glassy seas to last years April cruise on the Jewel of the Seas when we had 3 straight days of wind, rain, and seas that were always over 30 foot. The Brilliance, which was one day behind us had gorgeous weather. One problem with cruising from West to East is that if you get a big storm like we got in April, it stays with you all the way across the sea (our followed us all the way to Cobh, Ireland. Your odds of good weather are a little better if you are taking a more southern route such as from Florida to Rome. By the way, we just returned two weeks ago from a 15 day transatlantic that went from Barcelona to Miami (Brilliance of the Seas). You might expect cold weather in December, but we had perfect weather all the way across with temperatures in the low 70s to 80s, and calm seas (never over 3 foot with 6 foot swells). You just never know about the Atlantic.

Hank
Old 12-29-2007, 07:48 AM

We're planning a westbound crossing in late June on Queen Mary 2. One of the reasons we want to go westbound is to have so many 25-hour days in a row!

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
april, atlantic, barcelona, clothing, crossing, cruise, end, ft, june, lauderdale, lisbon, march, mia, miami, ship, temperature, transatlantic, weather