Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 05:43 PM
We always book so far ahead, people think we are crazy. This cruise coming up on the 23rd of Sept we booked while on our last cruise May of 06, ...so we have had plenty of time to send money along the way, I buy the soda card months in advance, pay for the tips, book excursions way ahead and that way when we go all is done and very nice. Most people say they can't plan that far ahead. It sure works for us.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-20-2008, 07:07 PM

I love saiving for the Cruise!! I have a big jar that I marked "Cruise Fund" I put any any extra change in that jar. It adds up

I also put an amount of money away every payday and b4 I know my cruise is paid off.
Celebrity Summit - 2007
RC Freedom of the Seas - 2008
Crown Princess - 2008

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 09-20-2008, 08:10 PM

When I waited tables I would save all of my change for the cruise. I pretty much live cashless now though. The rounding up the bank card purchases would work for me. I use to roll all of my coins and take them to work, it would take me forever. I had to pay taxes this year on my return instead of getting a refund. I wrote that money off as gone. I got it all back with that stimulus thing they did. So I used that for my cruise. I figure if something was going to get stimulated, it might as well be me.

Dwayne
Old 09-21-2008, 03:55 AM
quote:
I got it all back with that stimulus thing they did. So I used that for my cruise. I figure if something was going to get stimulated, it might as well be me.

Love it Dwayne, we did the very some thing and put it toward the new Celebrity Sostice !!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
That is funny sounds like lots of us have the same idea I have had a vacation jug for 8 years now and believe me it helps lots it is amazing how that change adds up.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 AM

My hubby thinks I'm crazy, I do the same things. I put my change at the end of the week into my piggy bank. I round up my purchases in my checking account. I try to pay myself each pay check (when I'm not hit with too many doctor co-pays). I use coupons at the grocery store and only buy items on sale. I love buy one get one sales. I pick up any change I find on the ground. Each pay check I don't include the dollars and cents amount in my check book. This covers my checking fees. I get free checks, but they charge $7/month for fees. It's a local bank or I'd change banks. I save that much in gas by having a branch less than 2 miles from the house. I take my lunch to work daily. Even if you purchase fast food, you save at least $5/day. I need to have a garage sale soon, that will help the fund.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 AM

Isn't it funny how people will walk right over those pennies. But as gdjoslin has shown they can add up! Growing up in Michigan bottle deposit was 2 cents. My brother and I picked up bottles one year and was able to buy my Mother a $7.99 Vegamatic for Christmas. We were so proud. In later years the bottle deposit went up to 10 cents.

There are many ways people can save for a cruise or any vacation. I think it's where your priorities are as to how much and how fast you can save. Is the $4 Starbucks everyday more important or the vacation? The fancy nail job or vacation? It's all about priority.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
I gave up my daily Starbucks and it pays for at least one cruise a year! Now paying cash for gasoline saves enough to provide spending money!

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 AM

quote:
Isn't it funny how people will walk right over those pennies. But as gdjoslin has shown they can add up! Growing up in Michigan bottle deposit was 2 cents. My brother and I picked up bottles one year and was able to buy my Mother a $7.99 Vegamatic for Christmas. We were so proud.

My sister and I used to pick up bottles too! I think it was 5 cents for each back in those days. That is so funny to me that you did that too.

Heck, I still clip the coupons. I have had free Mt. Olive products for 5 years now. Just wait till they have the BOGO and then double the coupon. Then it's not only free, they give you a credit of so many cents.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bank, cruise, fund, how, month, pay, piggy, save