Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2005, 07:16 AM

Tom or Nancy or someone please give me some advice. I am new to your boards but have been on 3 cruises and have just booked my 4th with RCCL leaving Dec. 11th from Galveston, TX. Total there will be 7 of us in 3 cabins we have all booked OV cabins on deck 2. One reason we booked this cruise on this date was because it was suppost to be going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I just recieved an email yesterday saying that we are not going to be docking at Jamaica because of a berth scheduling conflict. Anyway, all that is to say I am wondering if I have the right/ability to call and ask for a cabin up grade for all of us or ship credit to make up for loosing Jamaica since we all really booked the cruise to see Jamaica NOT Key West, FL. Any and all help would be great. Thanks, Scott
Old 08-10-2005, 07:49 AM

Hi Scott,
Unfortunately cruise lines have the right to change itineraries at any time (with or without prior notice) without any compensation to guests. You will find details of this at the back of your cruise brochure under the heading "What About Advanced or Delayed Sailings and Changes in Itinerary?"

Since they have actually substituted another port and given you prior notice, RC has done all they will do. You really have no recourse but to accept the change and expect no compensation, or cancel the cruise and have your deposit refunded.

Sorry,
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-10-2005, 08:53 AM

Nancy thank you for the reply, I know they have the right to substitute a port of call, I was just hopeing that something might be done to make up for the switch since we have 7 of us going on this cruise. Do you think it is worth me talking to my travel agent to see about getting an up grade or ship credit??? I am looking for advice.

Thank You,
Scott
Old 08-10-2005, 11:46 AM

By all means, talk to your travel agent. It does no harm to ask, and who knows what might happen (particuarly if you have a very persuasive travel agent who happens to have connections)! The worst that could happen is that they offer nothing - and that's where you stand right now.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
chat, cruise, nancy, tom