Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2005, 11:58 AM

I am leaving in less than two weeks to Western Caribbean from these freezing temperatures. Any suggestions regarding range of clothes to pack would be appreciated. I would be interested to know if we'd even be able to wear shorts during most of trip, or safer to pack long slacks, etc. Do temps drop drastically in evenings? Last cruise was in June with hot weather. I've never cruised in middle of winter. Temps in 70's to 80's? Thanks!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:58 AM

I am leaving in less than two weeks to Western Caribbean from these freezing temperatures. Any suggestions regarding range of clothes to pack would be appreciated. I would be interested to know if we'd even be able to wear shorts during most of trip, or safer to pack long slacks, etc. Do temps drop drastically in evenings? Last cruise was in June with hot weather. I've never cruised in middle of winter. Temps in 70's to 80's? Thanks!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:54 PM

Not sure which ports you will be visiting, but on a western caribbean itinerary you should have some very nice (i.e very warm, hopefully sunny) days. It may be a bit cool at the port of embarkation and in Key West, depending on whether a cold front has moved in to Florida, but once you hit the warm Caribbean waters of Mexico, Grand Cayman, Belize, etc. it should be just about perfect.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-18-2005, 09:28 PM

Thanks, Nancy. We're going to Labadee, Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios, and Cozumel. Just trying to prevent taking totally wrong types of clothes. Warm enough to sit out in bathing suits and shorts? Cooler evenings with long sleeves enough for outside? Thanks again.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:35 PM

We went on Western cruise the last week Feb thru first week of march 2003 and it was HOT! Cozumel was 103 degrees! Jamaica was just about the same. I booked my cruise this year a month earlier, once it is over 100 dgrees I've had it. I'm leaving in 3 days for 11 night Eastern on Brilliance, hoping for 80's this time. It is minus 3 degrees here today!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:17 PM

Maine-iac:
Hope you have great weather. I would have never thought temps would be that hot down there, this time of year. I'll try to check the temps the few days before the trip, to pack appropriately. Hope you have a great trip.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:01 AM

I really do not think your weather will be any trouble. I usually wear some sort of layers leaving our frigid snow here to go warm.
For sure you will be in shorts. For a cool eve, or too much AC in the theatre I bring a shall or light sweater. ENJOY
I am in countdown for my Caribbean cruise soon too, and as we expect a blizzard today with 2' of snow I am ready to go!!!!

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 01-22-2005, 01:46 PM

Sunprincess:
Thanks for your reply. I am definitely taking a range of clothes, and will plan to dress in layers. I looked around on weather. com last week, and found out I could get weather info. outside of the U.S. Found a range between 68 to 75/80 degrees for the Western Caribbean ports we are visiting. Will take a variety from shorts to long sleeves/jackets for evenings and cooler rooms. Thanks again! I'm sure you'll be glad to get out of the blizzard conditions!!

Closed Thread

Tags
80, caribbean, clothes, clothing, cruise, days, degrees, jamaica, june, long, march, pack, schould, sleeves, sunny, warm, western