Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2005, 12:08 PM

Hi, I have never been on a cruise and would like to take one this December. I am 28 and I want a cruise line that offers great food, great entertainment, activities, etc. I would like a cruise line that is a bit on the upscale side and looks beautiful (think Titanic). I don't want to go on a cheap looking ship. I don't necessarily want to dress up every night but I would like to have that bit of glamour on some nights as it is a vacation and I want to do something different and live it up. I was also thinking of doing the Southern carribean region. If anyone has any advice, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you

Edit: Moved to General Cruise Chat. RF
Old 11-19-2005, 02:28 PM

Mervissa, please see a cruise-oriented travel agent! There is so much to choose from, and though I might have some good suggestions, but in order for you to find just the right cruise, you'll need to talk with someone and let them know more detail of what you are looking for. Sounds like you may want one of the newer ships, as they have a lot to offer, and many are just beautiful, but if you have a classic ocean liner in mind, aim for Queen Mary 2.

One thing for sure - stay away from the 2-night cruise lines!!
Old 11-19-2005, 05:29 PM

As for cruise lines, they all have their pluses and minuses. What might be great for one person might be less than perfect for you.

Carnival has had a reputation as a party cruise. We are taking a Carnival cruise in February to see if this reputation has changed or is still deserved.

Royal Caribbean puts our a very nice cruise product. There ships are very interesting with lots of things to do. I find their food more than acceptable. This might be a good first time cruise if you like lots of activities.

Princess in my favorite line and I have been on them more than any other. I think they have the best mix of great ships, good food, nice atmosphere, and good mix of passengers. I find the Princess ships to be quieter than some others and would not recommend them to someone looking for a "party" cruise.

Celebrity is very nice. They have excellant food and beautiful ships. The only reason I choose Princess over Celebrity is that Princess is usually a couple of hundred dollars per person less. In my opinion, Celebrity has the classiest ships.

You will find people of your age on all of the lines; but you will probably find more on Carnival and RCL.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:42 AM

RCI would have to be my favourite - though i am testing celebrity next year..
Old 11-21-2005, 11:46 AM

Hello,

The Farmer has it right about the cruise lines(and farmers are very smart people but I am not a farmer).

Remember though that you should have a great time on any of the cruise lines that you mentioned. Consider air arrangements, price, ports you want to visit when making your decision.

Fred
Old 01-09-2006, 05:45 AM

It really depends on personal preferences but in my opinion:

Celebrity in premium class
Seabourn in luxury class

But think is that you probably wont do wrong whichever line you choose becose cruise lines simply cannot afford that their passengers don't have good time on ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, forum