Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2007, 07:54 AM

bizzybee,
There are passport expeditors that actually hand deliver your passport application to the gov't offices. While these services cost extra, they can expedite your passport in as little as 2 days or 5-7 business days. If you went through a travel agent, they may be able to help you with this service. There are a number of rebutable expeditors but here are two that I have used frequently for clients:
www.passport123.com and www.passportexpress.com

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-09-2007, 08:17 AM

If you are leaving from a US Port on a Cruise Ship and returning to the same, you do not have to have a Passport untill 2008.

If you are flying from a Foriegn Country to the US. you do need a Passport.

If you need to be flown for an emergency out of a Foreign Country..You Need a Passport.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
If you need to be flown for an emergency out of a Foreign Country..You Need a Passport.
Not really. If it is an emergency they will let you go home. You may have some red tape to go through, but you will be allowed to go home. That being said, if you have time, it is best to get your passport.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old 04-02-2007, 06:05 PM

We have some friends that are flying into Punta Cana in a few weeks. They applied for their passport by snail mail in January, and still do not have them. Boy, are they scrambling. Even called the state capitol to see if anyone there can help. With all the new regulations, the passport offices are way behind. Please, if you do not have your passport, apply for it now.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by choochella:
We have some friends that are flying into Punta Cana in a few weeks. They applied for their passport by snail mail in January, and still do not have them. Boy, are they scrambling. Even called the state capitol to see if anyone there can help. With all the new regulations, the passport offices are way behind. Please, if you do not have your passport, apply for it now.
Hopefully their Senator can help them. I have heard of others getting great help from their elected official. I hope all goes well for them.

Let us know how it turns out.

Michelle
Old 04-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Passports are not yet needed for cruising, but if you do plan to cruise next year, it would be a good idea to apply now. The system is backed up now because anyone who flys needs a passport. But in January everyone else who travels will need them and since everyone else waits until the last minute, you know it will be backed up again when everyone applies in December.

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:49 AM

Wait...did I miss something? You stated .."everyone who flies needs a passport."
When did that go into effect? I thought that you only needed a passport when going into/out of another country. A passport isn't needed to fly within the United States. Am I wrong about that????? Just want to make sure that I have the correct information so that my son can fly home in a few weeks. So, what's the scoop on this? Can anyone help to clarify the situation?
THANKS
Old 04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Passports are NOT needed to fly inside the US.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Yes! I'm sure that's what Jill SC meant; anyone who flies in or out of the U.S. going to or from a cruise needs a passport.

Starting next January everyone crossing the border by air or any other means will need a passport.

Closed Thread

Tags
2006, april, birth, caribbean, carribean, certificate, cruise, cruises, cruses, day, maryland, ncl, passport, raised, sailing, seal, western