Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2002, 02:29 PM

Hello,

I will be getting married in February 2003. We will be honeymooning in either the last week of February 2003 or the first week or March 2003.

I would like to include a cruise (max of 7 days +/-). I would like your help in choosing a cruise, this is my first time ever even considering a cruise. Here are some facts:

-I will be based in India until the time of my honeymoon. However, I would like to work with a GOOD/HONEST cruise agent whether they are in USA or Europe. I am able to pay via credit card/check in U.S. Dollars etc. I could communicate with them via phone/fax/email as needed

-Both my and my fiancee ar 26 years of age. We both are well travelled internationally, but never been to the cruising destinations, e.g. carribean, hawaii, south america, meditterenean

-Our budget is reasonable, i.e. we are not on a shoestring budget, but not on a private yatch/private jet budget either.

-We would like a cruise which has good accomodation, good food (we both are primarily vegetarian, i.e. salads, pastas, rice, pizzas, veggies, cheese etc. are great) and basically has events for people our age, e.g dancing, movies. We are not heavy in the party/drinking scene.

Things like good movies, shows, quality personal time, dance lessons, interesting ports of call are our top criteria.

-We are open to any cruise route which you would reccomend for either the last week of February 2003 or the first week of March 2003.

In addition to the cruise, we would like to have about two other cities on route between India and the cruise port of call, which we can include. For example, if we did a hawaii cruise, we could also decide to fly on to the west coast of USA.

I look forward to your help. Please email me at rvaccha@hotmail.com or I will keep checking this site as well, and reply to any additional information needs you post.

Thank You my friends.

RJ
Old 12-07-2002, 02:29 PM

Hello,

I will be getting married in February 2003. We will be honeymooning in either the last week of February 2003 or the first week or March 2003.

I would like to include a cruise (max of 7 days +/-). I would like your help in choosing a cruise, this is my first time ever even considering a cruise. Here are some facts:

-I will be based in India until the time of my honeymoon. However, I would like to work with a GOOD/HONEST cruise agent whether they are in USA or Europe. I am able to pay via credit card/check in U.S. Dollars etc. I could communicate with them via phone/fax/email as needed

-Both my and my fiancee ar 26 years of age. We both are well travelled internationally, but never been to the cruising destinations, e.g. carribean, hawaii, south america, meditterenean

-Our budget is reasonable, i.e. we are not on a shoestring budget, but not on a private yatch/private jet budget either.

-We would like a cruise which has good accomodation, good food (we both are primarily vegetarian, i.e. salads, pastas, rice, pizzas, veggies, cheese etc. are great) and basically has events for people our age, e.g dancing, movies. We are not heavy in the party/drinking scene.

Things like good movies, shows, quality personal time, dance lessons, interesting ports of call are our top criteria.

-We are open to any cruise route which you would reccomend for either the last week of February 2003 or the first week of March 2003.

In addition to the cruise, we would like to have about two other cities on route between India and the cruise port of call, which we can include. For example, if we did a hawaii cruise, we could also decide to fly on to the west coast of USA.

I look forward to your help. Please email me at rvaccha@hotmail.com or I will keep checking this site as well, and reply to any additional information needs you post.

Thank You my friends.

RJ
Old 12-07-2002, 07:12 PM

Hi RJ,

first of all, it's always difficult to make recommendations, but you have provided us with some pretty good information, so I will give it a try. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

February and early March somewhat limits your options slightly, as there are hardly any ships in the Mediterranean at that time.

As you are based in India, the South Pacific might be a good destination for you, as the distance is not *that* huge. Princess Cruises' "Tahitian Princess" offers a 10-day Polynesia/Marquesas Islands cruise round-trip from Tahiti February 22nd, 2003 which sounds like a wonderful itinerary for a honeymoon cruise. The ship is less than four years old and enters service with Princess later this month. This is a smaller, more intimate ship with beautiful interior fittings (reminiscent of the "golden age" of ocean liner travel) and nice, mostly outside cabins (including many with balconies). Yes, it might have few people of your age group, but the overall atmosphere should match your preferences, nonetheless. Singapore would be a great stop-over on the to the ship (or on the trip back to India).

Of course there are also lots of other options, as well. Let's see what others suggest.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-08-2002, 01:15 AM

Thank You Mr. Raoul Fiebig

Friends, the above iteniary is a good one, I will obviously have to have my fiancee take a look at it as well.

Can someone please refer me to a good travel agent who can help me book the above cruise, or whichever cruise I decide on. The location of the travel agent is not important, but honesty, quality etc. are of importance. Furthermore, any individual reference in the agency would be really helpful.
Does anyone have any other suggestions...is the Tahitian Princess more for an elder age group?....if so, does anyone have suggestions for a ship more for our age...i.e. 26. We do not smoke, and are very light drinkers, so a solely spring break party type ship is not what would prefer.

Thank You friends for any help you can provide. I sincerely appreciate it.

Regards,
RJ

Closed Thread