Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2002, 08:02 PM

I just finished reading Tom Ong's wonderful in-depth review of the NZ Australia voyage on NCL. Are the sea conditions and weatherrefer to on Tom's cruise in February typical or is there a better time of year to travel to this area. I really would prefer calm seas and warm weather. Any help regarding experiences in cruising this area would be greatly appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 08:02 PM

I just finished reading Tom Ong's wonderful in-depth review of the NZ Australia voyage on NCL. Are the sea conditions and weatherrefer to on Tom's cruise in February typical or is there a better time of year to travel to this area. I really would prefer calm seas and warm weather. Any help regarding experiences in cruising this area would be greatly appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 05:17 AM

I have been looking at the same thing.
Here are some comments I found "I would avoid the December - April period for the East Coast of Australia, north of
Brisbane it is the wet season, sometimes it can rain for a week or more at a time, and
roads/railways are often cut by flooding. It is very humid and hot during this time, also
with Darwin during that period. It is just plain hot at Alice Springs/Uluru then. Anywhere
else you've mentioned in Australia/NZ OK any time of year, whilst you get the occasion
snowfall in the high country in July-September in New Zeland (particularly south island)
and Tasmania - if you want to get detailed climate info try www.bom.gov.au"

Happy Sailing

Closed Thread

Tags
au, australia, calm, cheap, cheapest, coast, conditions, cruise, cruises, east, nz, reviews, sea, seas, time, year, zealand