Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 03:07 PM

1st timer question - Going on the Majesty 3 night cruise from Miami. When we get back to port at 7 am, we have 6 hours to kill before flying home. maybe a stupid question, but is there anything we can do with our luggage if we want to go spend a couple more hours on the beach, etc. instead of sitting at the airport the whole time?
Old 04-11-2006, 01:35 AM

Jimbob18

You will get back into port at 7:00am but you probably won't start the deembarkation process until 8:00 at the earliest so depending on what this particular ships process is you could be sitting around on the ship for 3 hours or so......I know this sounds long but I know Carnival Cruise Lines has started a self-assisted deembarkation where you take your own bags off of the ship and it's supposed to be a lot faster. I haven't personally done this but from what I've read on this forum it's faster.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 AM

Jimbob is right. We always take advantage of breakfast before we leave the ship. It's usually around 10 am when we leave. Not too much to do considering you're carring all that luggage around with you. When sitting in an airport for more than two hours I break out my portable dvd player and watch a movie.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:56 AM

You can't leave your luggage anywhere in the airport. What we did when we had time to kill in Ft. Lauderdale was rent a car, through the luggage in, went to the beach, had lunch, returned the car and caught our flight home. It was a big expensive, but sure beat sitting in an airport for hours!!
Old 04-11-2006, 02:42 PM

What I would suggest is finding a hotel close to the beach and asking the Bell Man if you can leave your luggage with them.

They are often very friendly, and for a $5 tip it is well worth lossing the hassels of your luggage for a few precious hours.

I hope this helps.

Ridley
Publisher of deckchair magazine
www.deckchair.ca

**Check out our 15 page World Cruise Guide, listing every ship and where they will be during the next 12 months.**

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, crusie, flight, fll, ft, home, kill, lauderdale, miami, things, time, waste