Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 12:48 PM
This is mostly a question have any cruise line considered any other option for making a ship other than make it big?
I know that the new “big ship” of RCCL (Genesis) will be great a ship of 220,000 is almost like glueing the AOS to the carnival destiny but there other options for example;
• How about making a cruise ship out of a big submarine??
o Imagine cruising under the Caribbean Sea, with windows so you can see the sea life like dolphins, fishes, whales etc. In their natural habitat and at the same time go to the pools area to take a sun bath or the buffet on the upper level. I mean if they take the explorer submarine from Aruba

Click here for photos

and make it “cruise ship” size, around the same size of carnival destiny class, it will be way better than an enormous ship. Also we can take a vacation out of this world and they will be innovating.
• How about themes for cruising and I don’t mean the usual ones:
o A pirate’s style ship but enormous with all the things we like from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
o Old style cruising, like the titanic theme.
o Even better a futuristic view of cruising in space, if Disney can make an illusion on Disney world the can make it on a cruise ship with style.
o Hollywood cruise, something like “planet Hollywood” with a different actor or actress invited every month.
What other kind of cruises will you like to have?
Remember we are dreaming, but maybe who knows !!!

Edited to replace copyright image with link to source -LP
Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM
All innovative ideas, C.F. (well, except for Titanic--that name should probably not come anywhere near a cruise ship project).

There should be a whole crop of cruise ships just about ready for some creative rebuilding.

Any entrepreneurs out there?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 AM

Interesting ideas, Casanova. I too will dream about.

Regarding Pirates and Submarine, however, I fear there'll be nothing to do.
All those ropes, all that technical stuff everywhere ... no cruise line will permit a guest to walk into such a mess.
What will happen if a guest hurts ? Who'll pay if something's gone wrong ?

We live in a world where anything WE do can be charged - if we find a "smart" lawyer - on SOMEONE ELSE.
Of course this someone-else won't give any chance to make money suiting him: so he will prefer let things as they are.
Amen.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
thank you lisap
Sorry my bad

I know that the titanic will be out, I guess it will be a "bad name" for any ship. But maybe we can make a few changes like looking back in time about old style crusing.
Thanks to a Dave beers post I bought the Brlitz guide to crusing and there are a few good articules about old crusing, booze cruising for example, that I did not knew existed. so I guess it will be great to get back to a new old style ship and cruise the carbbean...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Have you seen photos of the interiors of the newest Cunard ships, Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria? They are headed that direction--very "retro".
Old 03-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Administrator

No problem, Casanova.

I love your imagination. I could certainly go for an older-style ship. I am nearly finished with a book on the Olympic Class ships (Olympic, Titanic, Britannic), and I would certainly love to travel on something reminiscent of the era, including reproductions of the meals served in first class.

The submarine idea is cool, too. I know several ships have an area or two where you can look down into the water from an interior public room.

I'm not as creative, yet I do recall seeing a TV show, Mythbusters, in which it was shown that it is possible to waterski behind a cruise ship. Liability issues aside, that might be fun.

Closed Thread