Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 AM

--My Wife and I are going on a Royal Carribean Cruise and looking to go on March 9th 2009. After reading amany reviews about spring breakers taking over ships, im a bit leary of taking a cruise in March. Does anyone have expierance with this? Is it early enough in March to avoid the madness?
Its the most convient time for my wife of 4 years (will be 5 years) to take the trip for multiple reasons.

Some info one the cruise
Ship- Navigator of the Seas
Lenght- 5 nights
Ports of call- Cozumel and Belize

Thanks, any info would help-
Nathan M. W.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:16 AM

Hi SoulCruise, welcome to Cruise Chat. March 9th is usually before most of the schools have their spring breaks. All cruise lines try to keep the spring breakers down to a moderate roar, mainly for safety reasons. This is the biggest reason they have for prohibiting alcohol to be brought on board. That doesn't mean that they won't have one too many on the party boat tours or in port, but at least on board they try to limit their alcohol consumption. We can't limit obnoxious behavior to just college kids, though. If you do encounter any problems, which I doubt you would, you can always go to a crew member, the purser's desk, or security and inform them of the problem. They will take care of the situation. The shorter itinerary usually means a younger crowd, but I know you will be fine. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:12 AM

hi soulcruise-

i went on a royal caribbean cruise to the caribbean back in 2005 around the same time and I will say there was a lot of families and teenagers on the cruise. Also I am not sure where you are from but I like in Chicago and the aiport over here was a nightmare people were everywhere and you couldn't tell where the lines were. I had a wonderful time and even if there are a lot of kids on the ship you can still find things to do just you and your wife or certian things that are just geared towards the adult crowd. But do expect longer lines in the buffer (Windjammer) and crowded pool areas. That cruise was the last one I took in March and I will never attempt that again as by the time I arrived in Miami I was very stressed out but that could be because I had to make 2 connections. The cruise will be what you make of it so if that is a good time to cruise for you and your wife make the best of it and I am sure you will have a wonderful time!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-01-2008, 08:18 AM

There is only one way to avoid seeing all of the spring breakers in march on a caribbean cruise...
click here for answer
Old 05-01-2008, 09:48 AM

There are ways to cruise spring break times and avoid the spring break scene. The biggest issues will appear on sailings of 7 days or less, especially 3 to 5 day sailings which are more affordable for families with lots of children who want to bring their friends. Also being selective on destination and cruiseline. There will be lots of spring breakers headed to the Bahamas and Caribbean. Not so many doing Europe or trans-Atlantic, Panama Canal or repositioning cruises or even Hawaii 2 week sailings from the west coast. Look for longer sailings, focus on Holland America, Cunard, Celebrity and other lines that don't attract families with children. Early March is indeed spring break somewhere in North America. Parts of Canada let out in February. Basically anytime from mid Feb to Easter vacation is time when school is out for many families. Then it starts again Late May through the end of August for summer vacation times. Holidays like Christmas and New Years are also times when kiddos are out of school. One of the reasons I like to book cruises in September through early December excluding Thanksgiving. Plan well and shop for the right cruise and right line and you'll have a great cruise without having to deal with 700 of someone elses kiddos under foot.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-23-2008, 08:10 AM

Simple Mathematical Relationship:

The more expensive the cruise, the fewer college students who can afford it.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The more expensive the cruise, the fewer college students who can afford it.
Can't beat that logic!

Closed Thread

Tags
adult, avoid, avoiding, break, breakers, cruise, cruiser, ports, problems, scene, spring, time