Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 05:17 AM
I have the blues still and I got home May 13th I just can't seem to shake it ........HEEELLLPPP please!!!!!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Banned

Spritfilled, there's no cure. Time and booking again ease the pain. I got off of Pride in February, and I'm not only aching for the ship and the ports, I miss California, as well.

The best feeling to describe it is the day after your wedding, after you've planned and prepared for a year. Suddenly, it's over.

In my earlier post I neglected to mention, it doesn't help matters that they bungee every single lounge chair up the night before debarkation. The only chairs left are the stiff lido chairs and sitting on the pool ledge. And the pools are drained and netted off. How much more depressing can it get?

A'ndrea
Old 05-23-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:

The best feeling to describe it is the day after your wedding, after you've planned and prepared for a year. Suddenly, it's over.
A'ndrea, not for me.
The day I graduate I said "Ok, now I'm taking a six months or something to relax and look about for my door to open".
My wife - well, she wasn't yet - got mad.

We got married in about six weeks.
No honeymoon planned, no crockery, no furniture, no wooden floors finished.
Notice, no kids in sight.

Suddenly, it was done.

About 20 years later I'd have to sell in e-bay tons of "we can't miss this" IKEA stuff, piles of dishes, a dozen of "look, isn't it nice?" tablelamps, etcetera.

In this chaos I'm still looking for my six-months break: did anyone see it ? ...
Old 05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned

Fredo, that's funny. I know that analogy probably doesn't apply to everyone here.

On a lighter note, I absolutely love IKEA, don't you?

A'ndrea
Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 PM

Yes I do; my wife dooooes, so I'm by now kind of a professional assembler.
My suggestion: better find the definitive location of your IKEA item from the beginning.

Here in Italy IKEA's got restaurants inside the shop. We often have "swedish" lunch on saturday, when we go to the mall. IKEA opens 10-20 7/7.

Our favourite IKEA is in Bologna; but we tested IKEA shop & rest also in Genova, Milano, Firenze, Brescia and Padova (which is the newest and the best, in my opinion).
We're planning a shopping incursion in Roma and Napoli, sooner or later.

Let me clear why we tour Italy (even) for IKEA.
It all started when once she bought quite a whole set in Bologna. As she wanted to complete it, the last piece wasn't more available. That single item - a fundamental-essential-basic 10 euros shelf - was available in Milano.
We went there (about 120 miles away) and bought the last one, the one with the label glued on it.
Another time we had to go to Genova: there was none in Bologna, but sixty (60 !!) in Genova. They don't ship ...

We don't spread this IKEA touring thing around: people would think we're crazy to go so far for shopping ... but I suppose that across the Ocean it isn't so weird to move about.
And in the end what the heck, I love driving.
"Give me a wheel and I'll run the world", said someone ... or maybe was a thing of levers, fulcrum and other physical stuff.

The very first time we had IKEA lunch we narrate our sons that meatball with bilberry were "elk-meatballs": so that's their name for good.
Are there IKEA restaurants in U.S. too ? Do they have "elk meatballs" ?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 PM

Hey Spiritfilled, A'ndrea and Fredo, I sure do feel down as well leaving the ship. Especially last year when we only did a 5 day. I hate the packing and sitting out of the luggage, then the no room service or pizza late at night

But like everyone says I have found to be true as well. Start at least planning another cruise, even if you can't book it right away is a big help. And also come here for support

Chins and Fins Up!
Dwayne
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

Dwayne, I agree. There should be an easier way to let us down, don't you think? Actually, In the past few years I believe the debarkation process has gone much more "pain free" than in previous years. Especially with self-disembark.

*Fredo, Yes. Yes. Yes. We have IKEA. I travel 2 hours to get to the closest one. I'm addicted to IKEA, like I'm addicted to cruising. Only difference is IKEA is cheaper for my husband.
We have them in the States, including near me in New York and New Jersey. Swedish meatballs with Loganberry sauce. Mmmm...... It makes it worth the trip just to get those meatballs, doesn't it?

A'ndrea
Old 05-25-2007, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:
Spritfilled, there's no cure. Time and booking again ease the pain. I got off of Pride in February, and I'm not only aching for the ship and the ports, I miss California, as well.

In my earlier post I neglected to mention, it doesn't help matters that they bungee every single lounge chair up the night before debarkation. The only chairs left are the stiff lido chairs and sitting on the pool ledge. And the pools are drained and netted off. How much more depressing can it get?

A'ndrea

I agree at least talking about planning another cruise does ease the blues just a little, I hope to do another very soon God willing and I do mean soon.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Going home I can handle, its going back to work that is rough. The only good thing about that is telling everyone about the cruise and showing pictures so that I can re-live it.

Need some cruise help?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:45 PM

Hey Jill and all, speaking of pictures..

Last year we cruised with some friends we had met the previous year. Well the lady had just gotten a digital camera and was taking pictures of us and everything all during the cruise. I was getting close to getting a little annoyed. I am glad I didn't.

A week before Christmas I received a package from them. She had made this really super calendar entitled "Cruise Friends Elation 06". She had put collages of pictures of us and them and ports and the ship on every month for 07!

I don't know how she did it, but I know was alot of work and is one thing I love

Closed Thread

Tags
blues, caribbean, chat, cruise, debarkation, depressing, depression, disembarkation, elk, final, ikea, meatballs, metballs, morning, royal