Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 05:35 AM

I apologise for asking more than one question - but our cruise is next week, we've only just got our cruise tickets & information, and I've just found this forum!

1. Is it better/easier to take two medium sized suitcases (two people) - or one very large one? Would we have problems storing a large suitcase? We don't have flights.

2. We had to choose the 6pm dinner sitting when we booked - might there be a possibility of changing this to a later sitting on the ship. (Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas)

3. Do we reserve our table in the main dining room? We'd like to make friends, so should we say we prefer to sit at a larger table?

4. We have European type plugs on our appliances, do we need an American adapter as well?

Thanks for any tips and help
Old 07-18-2008, 06:45 AM

1.) The suitcase(s) can either fit under your bed (approximately 18" clearance) or in your closet.
2.) See the maitre d' when you board. They're usually in front of one of the dining rooms.
3.) Normally you seating assignment will be on your sail and sign card when you board. They asked me when I booked what size table I wanted, so I'm not sure why they didn't ask you. If you booked through a travel agent, give them a call.
4.) The ships I've been on used the American adapters.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
1. Is it better/easier to take two medium sized suitcases (two people) - or one very large one? Would we have problems storing a large suitcase? We don't have flights.
I'd go with two.

Quote:
2. We had to choose the 6pm dinner sitting when we booked - might there be a possibility of changing this to a later sitting on the ship. (Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas)
Yes, you can see about changing to the late seating. As soon as possible after you board the ship, go see the dining room manager. They will be set up at a desk - usually at the dining room entrance or outside the dining room. There will be a line of passengers most likely, all trying to change something (their table, their seating time).

Quote:
3. Do we reserve our table in the main dining room? We'd like to make friends, so should we say we prefer to sit at a larger table?
Your table has already been assigned and will be listed on your cruise card. But if you get it changed to the late seating the table number will most likely change. When you request the time change, also ask if they could put you at a table for 8 or more people.

Quote:
4. We have European type plugs on our appliances, do we need an American adapter as well?
Bring an adapter. You may find one 220v plug in your cabin but the other plugs are 110v U.S. Standard.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:16 AM

Thanks, that's helped us a lot.

Closed Thread