Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 06:25 AM

Sometimes we get to see unusual things while on a cruise. Most of the time we just don't have a camera to capture it. While on the Mariner in St. Thomas this month, we saw a water spout, and I happened to have my camera with me while eating in Johnny Rockets.

While at sea on a different cruise, I was looking over the railing of my balcony and saw a baby sea turtle that was about 10 inches in diameter. It was only a couple of feet away from the side of the ship.

Does anyone else have an unusual sighting?

Sonny
Old 09-25-2007, 06:25 AM

Sometimes we get to see unusual things while on a cruise. Most of the time we just don't have a camera to capture it. While on the Mariner in St. Thomas this month, we saw a water spout, and I happened to have my camera with me while eating in Johnny Rockets.

While at sea on a different cruise, I was looking over the railing of my balcony and saw a baby sea turtle that was about 10 inches in diameter. It was only a couple of feet away from the side of the ship.

Does anyone else have an unusual sighting?

Sonny
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 AM

What a picture!
During a cruise in Alaska last year we saw a beatiful rainbow right at sunset. The colors in the rainbow were so vibrant it took my breath. It was probably a once in a lifetime experience, but I'll watch for it again if I ever go back to Alaska.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-25-2007, 09:57 AM

That's awesome SonnyV. I,too, saw a beautiful complete rainbow when leaving Trinidad. And, for the very first time, saw a pod of dolphin along side the ship. I had my camera for the rainbow, but not for the dolphin. I thought I had the entire rainbow when I snapped the picture, but only got one end touching the water. Oh, I almost forgot. We were heading back to Ft. Lauderdale and saw a yacht's bow sticking out of the water. They dispatched a tender to go check for survivors and radioed the Coast Guard. Thankfully, the survivors had been picked up. The yacht must have been over 100' because the part protruding from the ocean was at least 30'. I never figured out what it could have hit, we were a good 300 miles from Cuba's shoreline.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:23 AM

Now that was really unusual! What are the chances of seeing a sunken yacht?

Sonny
Old 09-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Elvis! (unconfirmed)
Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 AM

One of the most unusual sights for me was while we were leaving Key West. A nudist party boat came along beside us. Everyone on deck was gawking and laughing. The nude people were loving it, they were waving and yelling at our ship.

Dwayne
Old 09-25-2007, 11:20 AM
I had the 00-04 watch on the Majesty during our southern caribbean cruise back in february 2002.
Enroute to St John's Antigua I once passed Monserrat a clear night while the volcano was throwing out sparks like crazy!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-25-2007, 11:27 AM

Well, I don't know if this counts, but its def. an interesting sight.

On my cruise last month, my gf was getting changed in our room as we left NYC. She was still very excited about the balcony, and how amazing it was. So, she decided to wave her uncovered butt out the balcony saying "This is so cool! I'm naked outside, and no one can see me!!" Right then, an NYPD helicopter flew by slowly, level with the balcony and about 30 yards from the ship! What timing!

I can't remember if I told this story or not, but it still cracks me up. There is a pic of the helicopter in the Lido deck if anyone wants to see it. But not my gf's butt, sorry
Old 09-25-2007, 01:18 PM

quote:
but it still cracks me up.

(as it were...)

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
cruising, watersprout