Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 AM

I read this one post where the cruiser said that that saltwater was bad and it burns her eyes. Is the saltwater in the pools really that bad where you will not want to have your head under the water. Will my son (10) cry about the saltwater in the pool he loves to be in the water trying to swim???????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 AM

I read this one post where the cruiser said that that saltwater was bad and it burns her eyes. Is the saltwater in the pools really that bad where you will not want to have your head under the water. Will my son (10) cry about the saltwater in the pool he loves to be in the water trying to swim???????

Old 05-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Nita,

I've never noticed the salt water in ship pools to be any different than swimming in sea water, after all, that is all it is. They pump in sea water to the pools. Of course, it is filtered and treated with chemicals. A neat thing is that floating is so easy with the sea water - especially in a confined area like a ship's pool without all the waves and such.

Don't worry about it.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:50 PM

I've never had a problem in all the ship pools I've been in. Come to think of it, I never heard any kids complain about the pool water either. Have fun, don't worry.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:54 PM

I have never had any problems with the water (except for my hair) in any cruise ship pool. I would even go as far as to say that I enjoy the a dip in the salt water pool. It is good for the skin. My children tend to wear goggles in our own chlorine pool at home and will do so in the salt water pool. It may not hurt to bring a pair with you for your son just in case.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:
I have never had any problems with the water (except for my hair) in any cruise ship pool. I would even go as far as to say that I enjoy the a dip in the salt water pool. It is good for the skin. My children tend to wear goggles in our own chlorine pool at home and will do so in the salt water pool. It may not hurt to bring a pair with you for your son just in case.

Chase that is a good idea. THANKS!!

Old 05-19-2006, 09:48 AM

The salt water in ship's pools comes from the ocean so if it doesn't bother you at the beach you should be fine on the ship. If you are really worried about the salt water then sail on Princess - they fill their pools with fresh chlorine water instead of salt water.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 05-21-2006, 01:18 PM

My 12 yr old didn't enjoy it for to long the salt walter burned his eyes and made his skin break out.
But his younger brother only complained about the burning of the eyes. They still enjoyed other things besides the pool .
Old 05-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Princess has fresh water pools AND a "jumbo-tron" size projection screen next to the pool. A sort of drive-in (or dive-in) movie theatre at sea. They call it "Movies Under The Stars". I wish someday to cruise on Princess to expierience it.

Anyway, is Princess the only cruise line to offer fresh water swimming pools onboard?

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cruise, cruises, depth, eyes, pool, pools, princess, reviews, salt, saltwater, ship, testimonials, treated, water