Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 08:18 AM
While on our HAL trip my parents will be celebrating their 30 wedding anniversary...it falls on a Tuesday- can I order chocolate covered strawberries to be sent to the room-- I know you can pre-order them to have in your cabin when you arrive to the ship (we did this on RCCL-- and I was sad to see how small they were!) ANYWAY....I know you can order free room service but I'm not sure if this is something I can order on Tues for free or I need to do this advance and pay for them???
Thanks my genius cruising pals!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:24 PM

We were on the Zaandam last year. I was able to order flowers for my wife, and have them on the day I wanted them. If I recalled I could have them sent to the room, or to our table.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:17 AM
thanks Gary...I'm just trying to figure out in the room service available if I can get choc covered strawberries sent to my room- for free????
Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 AM

will you be on the cruise with them? because my friend was able to do this last time....im not sure if he spoke to the guest relations desk, or went directly to the coffee shop where they sold the strawberries...either of them should be able to direct you... and yes, he had to pay for them - but i think they were a good size....we've gotten them free before, but only as a gift from a crew member

if you are not on the cruise with them, i would just call the cruise line before they leave, and see what they suggest
Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
yes we will be on the ship with them!
What is on the general room service/food list? Darn I was trying to get them for free! Oh well...their cheap anyway.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:28 AM

No, they're not on room service. You can order them on HAL's website and have them sent to their room. You will need their booking number to do this. I had champagne and strawberries sent to some friends on HAL for their honeymoon. Here is the website.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM

i've never been on HAL, but if the menu is simlar to CCL or RCCL, you will have things like sandwiches, fruit, juice/coffe/tea, alcohol (i think), desserts, etc....then they may have a menu specifically for breakfast which would include common continental breakfast items

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, flowers, order, room, service