Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2006, 04:34 PM

I see $100 discount vouchers for sale all the time on Ebay. (You get $100 off a seven day cruise) Are they really any good? Has anyone here ever used one? What is the catch?

Memecakes

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old 02-27-2006, 01:51 AM

The vouchers we get from Royal Caribbean or Celebrity are with the names and numbers from the Crown & Anchor member. Im sure, they were not accepted from a cruiseline.

Maybe other lines have coupons without names.
I heard about some friendship coupons to give people for their frist cruise. But never saw one of those.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:35 AM

Would not recommend buying anything like that off EBay. Those kind of coupons have too many restrictions in the small print. Sometimes they are for only certain ships, certain accommodation category, etc. etc.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:46 AM

Most of them show the front and the back. I think you have to send it in with your deposit. Don't know if there are any other "small print" catches! They are only a $1.00 so I thought about taking a chance. I just wanted to know If anyone here had ever used one.

Memecakes

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old 03-03-2006, 09:52 AM

Many (not all) of those coupons come from the "Entertainment Book." And basically, for the most part, the small print says that the coupon can only be applied to certain fares (which are normally the regular priced ones with no discounts or promotions). In my experience, you can normally find a fare through TA's or online websites that come out cheaper than if you used the coupon with the indicated fare. In any case, if you want one, I think I have some at home and would be more than happy to mail one to you (this way you don't have to purchase it on ebay). If you're interested, email me at scan747@optonline.net...and let me know which cruise line you're looking into and I'll see if I have one for it.

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, board, caribbean, carribbean, craigslist, credit, cruise, royal, sale, voucher, vouchers