Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2003, 05:05 PM

We are a couple in our late 40's and have never cruised. We are reasonably well off and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions for us . We are pretty easy going and flexible as far as time of year etc. Any sugestions
Old 11-17-2003, 05:05 PM

We are a couple in our late 40's and have never cruised. We are reasonably well off and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions for us . We are pretty easy going and flexible as far as time of year etc. Any sugestions
Old 11-17-2003, 06:19 PM

Walter, you have left the field wide open - There are SOOOO many choices! You can go from Celebrity to Holland America or Radisson to Crystal and lots in between, but need more info. A good first time cruise itinerary is either eastern or western Caribbean. Would love to narrow down the field for you - if you can tell us a little more about your likes and dislikes. Do you like lots of nightlife, or prefer something low-key? Are you interested in the destinations or the cruise itself? Are you active/sports minded or prefer more cerebral activities? How important is the entertainment, food, service, stateroom amenities??? You can e-mail me personally, or post your thoughts on the board and I would be happy to help -
Nancy
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-18-2003, 07:21 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Walter,

We are happy you found Cruise-Chat and we encourage you to post any questions you might have. Some new cruisers are afraid to ask questions, being afraid they may sound silly, but we want you to know we’ve all been there, done that, and we have a lot of savvy cruisers that would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Congratulations on deciding to take your first cruise. Mary and I can’t think of a more romantic, intimate, exciting way to spend quality time with your spouse, than when on a cruise. That is why we refer to our cruises as ‘Honeymoons.’ Your in for an exciting, wonderful experience.

Walter I think the best way we can help you is to give you the URL’s of our reviews of the ships we think would be a good choice for your first cruise.

The Explorer: 7 days http://www.cruisereviews.com/rci/Explorer8.htm
[Or any of RC’s Eagle Class ships. The Voyager, the Navigator, the Adventure and the new Mariner, that will be sailing from Cape Canaveral.

The HAL Zuiderdam: 7 days http://www.tomandmaryscruisereviews....rdamReview.htm

RC Enchantment of the Seas: 7days http://www.cruisereviews.com/rci/Enchantment12.htm

If you can mange the time, we strongly recommend a 10 day cruise. Here are the URL’s of three ships we highly recommend.

The Coral Princess: 10 day Partial Panama Canal: http://www.tomandmaryscruisereviews....alPrincess.htm

The Brilliance of the Seas: 10 day Partial Panama Canal
http://www.tomandmaryscruisereviews....anceReview.htm

The Sun Princess: 10 day Southern Caribbean:
[Our review will be posted very soon. We will let you know when it’s on the Internet.]

Walter, these are some of our choices for your first cruise. We write our reviews to give you the feeling your on the cruise with us. We suggest you read them, write down any questions you may have and get back to us. The primary reason we write reviews is to share our experience with new cruisers. We are here to help you.

Warm regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 11-18-2003, 05:06 PM

we like to do fun things but sight seeing is not a real priority . the cruise ship itself seems to be the draw for us . We are small time gamblers and enjoy the nightlife . I was thinking of a 5day cruise out of New Orleans to the western Caribeen on the Splendor
Old 11-19-2003, 01:28 AM

Hi Walter,

sounds like a good choice to me. "Splendour otS" is a very nice, modern ship, indeed.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-19-2003, 03:51 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Walter,

This is a comprehensive review of the Splendour.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/rci/Splendour7.htm

Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 11-19-2003, 09:34 AM

Walter, I agree with Raoul, the splendour is a very nice ship and I think a 5 day cruise is an excellent choice to test the cruise waters (so to speak). It should give you just a taste of the pleasure you will derive from cruising and have you anxious to plan your next cruise adventure. Go for it!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-19-2003, 06:46 PM

I will add my vote to the consensus that the Splendour would be the best choice of the selections that you have presented. Have a great cruise and be sure to share your experiences with CruiseReviews.com when you return.

Tom

Closed Thread