Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2005, 10:01 AM

I've been looking at cruise-critic and it seems like it's busy all the time. I really like this room better but there doesn't seem to be anyone here. I keep checking back day after day and I see the same subjects still here. I just wonder why there's not much activity here. Just an observation!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:21 AM

riptide,

in my humble opinion, one cannot compare CruiseCritic and Cruise-Chat.com.

CruiseCritic as you may know began as the AOL cruise boards, and hence has a huge following, while Cruise-Chat.com is both privately operated and non-commercial.

And personally, I do not agree that there is very little activity here. The membership has been rising constantly, and we welcome new members virtually every day - and I am not talking about those who join as "lurkers", but about those who post their questions or discussions.

By participating in the discussions here and by spreading the word that these friendly forums exist, we can all help to make these forums better known while still keeping the friendly atmosphere alive.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-09-2005, 10:45 AM

Who are you??? I never said anything about it not being friendly. I said "I like it here". You come across a little on the rude side....I know absolutley nothing about any AOL following, I've never had AOL.....I'm just a guy who stumbled across both of these sites and the cruise-critic IS bigger than this one. That's all I was talking about. It has more things to read on a daily basis than this one does. Sorry I upset you. Think I'll go back to the "other friendly" one.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:28 PM

riptide,

neither did you upset me nor do or did I intend to be rude.

I just described the difference between the two from my perspective. That's what you asked for. So, I don't know why you consider it necessary to respond so aggressively. If an open, honest and IMHO friendly word is not what you are looking for, I'm sorry.

Again, you did by no means upset me, and my words were meant to encourage members to contribute building up a good community.

I have no intention to further elaborate my point of view if the reply is something like "Who are you???", however.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-10-2005, 01:23 AM

Riptide, I would have to disagree with you. CruiseCritic.com has probably 80 times more members than we do. They are a great site and obviously very successful.

Cruise-Chat.com is a small site by comparison, but growing at a much faster rate percentage wise. Look, I own Cruise-chat.com and I enjoy talking about cruises. I don't care if CruiseCritic.com is huge and Cruise-chat.com is dinky. Why, Because I really enjoy the conversation here. It is positive and without bias.

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about Cruise-Chat.com becoming a commercial success; I just have to worry about it perpetuating my enjoyment of cruising. So if you find CruiseCritic.com a more stimulating environment, I would suggest that you go there. But you should always know that you are welcome back here anytime you wish to contribute.

I hate to waste words on a topic like this, as it detracts from the purpose of this forum, but I thought I would respond.

Now, for the real issue at hand. Raoul has given more to the Internet community regarding cruising than any 50 CruiseCritics.coms have. He operates a non-commercial website in both German and English and a twice monthly newsletter in multiple languages for the benefit of his visitors/readers at his own expense and has done so for many years. He gives his advice freely and without the expectation of profit. He exemplifies the very best the Internet has to offer. Your comment “who are you?” offends me, any one that knows Raoul, and most of the folks reading this thread. Perhaps you do belong at CruiseCritic.com if that is what they have evolved to. I would think that you would want to research Raoul and then make apologies for your statements.

Tom
Old 03-11-2005, 11:17 AM

I discovered cruise-chat just before christmas, i think think the conversation is fantastic. I am a travel professional and cruise enthusiast and i enjoy asking questions with a group of un-patronising like-minded individuals in a friendly atmosphere, in the same way as i give my opinions and they are accepted in a positive pro-active way.
I like the scale and the format of the site and defy anyone to criticise the intelligent hard-working people who make it all possible.

If you come for friendly conversation, i welcome you, if not... 'who are you!!!!!'
Old 03-12-2005, 11:49 PM

never heard of cruise-critic till now... thanks for tuning me into that as well... it gives me more info to read and learn about. But compairng the two..... i prefer cruise-chat. I feel it is easier to follow and more personal. I guess the small town girl over flows into the small sized chat forum. Keep up the good work cruise-chat

Old 03-13-2005, 01:58 PM

I second that opinion Lynn. I really enjoy this forum and hope they dont change a thing. I do read CruiseCritic, but it is so large it is often difficult to find my way around or to even know where to look for information I am seeking. If I want an answer to a question - this is where I come for advice.
Shelley
Old 03-13-2005, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the kind words ladies. We are quite happy with our little forum and so glad you are members of the community. Perhaps what I like most about this site, is that it does feel like a real community of "cruise happy" people.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
cruisecriticcom