Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 10:10 AM

We went on our wonderful first cruise to Alaska in June. Many have told us the Alaska cruise is the best one. So since we did the best cruise first, which cruise should we do next that equals or is second best to the Alaska one?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 PM

My love is the Caribbean. I'd one day love to do a Med. or Tahitian cruise. But truthfully, as long as I'm on board, any destination would be wonderful!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 PM

Alaska is a totally different cruise and is wonderful for the scenery and wildlife. But my favorite cruise of all was taken on WindStar cruises in 1994 in Tahiti. Nothing compares to the waters of the South Pacific.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:30 PM

Julie, what time of year are you thinking of going and what do you like to do on a cruise? The Mediterranean is beautiful and exciting, but most cruise lines don't sail there all year 'round. The Caribbean is warm and relaxing in winter, where the real attraction may be the ship, rather than the things you can do on land.

Cruise ships go all over the world these days, so your choice should be based on when you want to go, what you like to do, and the amount of money you have to spend on a vacation. It's a good idea to see an experienced cruise travel agent who can help you sort out these factors and make recommendations based on your particular needs and wishes.

Sandy
Old 07-27-2007, 07:52 PM

I have heard that a cruise along the East Coast is nice too, especially if you take it in the fall. What I would really like to do is a cruise through the Panama Canal. Someday, but right now we are planning our 3rd Alaska cruise. What can I say, I can't get enough.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Different strokes and all that; but Alaska is at the bottom of my list--possibly because I spent so much time up there when I worked for Princess eons ago. Dosen't mean I won't go again; just means I have lots of others to do first.

I'm more of a warm-climate cruiser; I love sun and warm water. I like lots of long lazy sea days.

My favorites of recent cruises, in order, would be The Mediterranean, The Mexican Riviera, The Panama Canal, Australia/New Zealand, Hawaii, The Baltic, and Alaska.

On my radar, South America/Antarctica, South Pacific and Greek Isles.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 PM

I agree with you, f-mattox. Alaska is way down on my list of desirable cruises. Maybe because we lived there for three years. Happiness was seeing Alaska in my rear view mirror. My husband would like to do the cruise so we probably will. But for me, send me someplace warm! Being a new cruiser I'm not burned out on the Caribbean yet. With that not being such a hot market these days there should be some good deals in the future.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Funny thing is, Agutaya, I've never actually done a Caribbean cruise; I've been through there on the way to the Canal, and stopped at Cozumel and Grand Cayman--but that's it. I think the long waits to tender in and back at Grand Cayman killed it for me; there were four ships there that day. And I hear sometimes there are even more. I much prefer the Pacific side of Mexico. It's not as good for snorkeling but has many other advantages.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:03 PM

Rick is back, this is good. Even the cruise chat cruise will only give you a small Caribbean experience compared to a seven day, deep southern or eastern.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
Different strokes and all that; but Alaska is at the bottom of my list--possibly because I spent so much time up there when I worked for Princess eons ago. Dosen't mean I won't go again; just means I have lots of others to do first.

I'm more of a warm-climate cruiser; I love sun and warm water. I like lots of long lazy sea days.

My favorites of recent cruises, in order, would be The Mediterranean, The Mexican Riviera, The Panama Canal, Australia/New Zealand, Hawaii, The Baltic, and Alaska.

On my radar, South America/Antarctica, South Pacific and Greek Isles.
At some point you will have to do Moline, Dubuque and St. Louis!

Closed Thread