Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2005, 08:29 PM

I just recently had a very bad experience with Vacations to Go and was wondering if anyone else had used this company's services and had problems. Personally I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy! thanks for any input.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:35 PM

Linda -

If you don't mind my asking, can you give some details about what happened?

I have been getting their weekly e-newsletter for some time. I haven't booked with them, but had considered it.

I know I would benefit, and maybe others would to, if you start this discussion with some specifics of your experiences.

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 11-14-2005, 02:07 PM

I don't know why people use these sites. I only use them to get all my information. Then I call Royal Caribbean direct and book my cruise and flight.....Have been on 4 cruises and used a travel agent for the first cruise only. Found I can do it myself just as easy. The operators from Royal Cribbean are really user friendly and have been most helpful. Booked our next cruise in April on the Serenade this past July - Was not satisfied with the service I received. Alot of things were left off our reservation form when I received it. Had to call the RC 800 # and they fixed everything as I had requested originally...... Just thought I would share my experience.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-14-2005, 03:03 PM

How do the prices compare with the internet prices?

Old 11-14-2005, 03:19 PM

Hello. My friend at work, uses them to book her cruises. She swears by them, says they are great. I am like KCLVT, in their reply, I use those type of sites to gather info. I also book direct with the cruise line. I only used a travel agent once, when alot of us were going together. My other friend books with Expedia. I like to go straight to the source. Good luck. Lil' Lori

Old 11-15-2005, 01:09 AM

I find it interesting that people would prefer to book directly with the cruse lines, rather than a travel agent. There is no difference in price and I like the personalized service a travel agent offers. Besides, every time I have talked to the cruise line direct - I get a different person taking care of me AND a different answer to my questions. (BTW - I am NOT a travel agent.)
Sandy
Old 11-15-2005, 05:48 AM

I used a travel agent the first time and didn't get personalized service. Of course up here in the town I live in in Vermont there is only 1 and we were not happy with his service. Never followed up with us after the cruise. Plus when we went to book I had done all the leg work and he never gave us any input or comment on what we wanted him to book. I have never found a cheaper price on any of my RCCL cruises on any other site. They all seem about the same price if not more expensive. I always get the name of the agent I am talking to when I make my reservations and if and when I have any questions I always ask for the same person. Like I said I have never had a problem (Knock on wood).

Old 11-28-2005, 10:21 PM

Hello,

I always use a travel agent because I know that he will get the cruise documents to me in plenty of time and wil be there if I need to make any changes or other help. However, I use the Internet to see which lines are having sales (including Vacations to GO) and to obtain other information pertinent to cruising. In this way I feel confident that what the TA is telling me is legitimate and I know that I am not overpaying for a cruise.

For me at least I have found that it is best to do your reaearch and then see a TA experienced in cruises. I am still somewhat leery of giving a credit card number over the Internet.

Take care,

Fred
Old 11-29-2005, 12:43 PM

Hi Linda H,

I have used Vac to Go twice and have been happy with their service. When I had questions or concerns they were addressed quickly and professionally. I even got a response from Mr. Fox or at least it was his email address. Having said that I have also used other internet sites for cruise booking and had no problems. I guess I have been lucky. Good Luck with your next cruise.
Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 12-05-2005, 06:33 AM

we too are among those that tend to use the "clearing house" websites for information and then make direct contact with the provider to make arrangements
HAL Oosterdam
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Summit
Golden Princess

"Integrity begins with I!"

Closed Thread