Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Banned

Just today I found out I won a trip to Tahiti and sailing on the Paul Gaugin (sp?) Has anyone been on this trip? Any advice as to what to wear, do, see etc... Going in August.

Sodey
Old 04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Just today I found out I won a trip to Tahiti and sailing on the Paul Gaugin
Wow!

I am so happy for you. That isn't just winning a cruise, that is winning a GREAT cruise!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

Yes. My wife and I are pretty excited. We were on the Seven Seas Voyager(Baltic) which we won 2 years ago and Russia was pretty neat but Tahiti is like my ultimate dream vacation. I've heard the Paul Gaugin is smaller than the Voyager but a great ship for cruising the islands.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
We were on the Seven Seas Voyager(Baltic) which we won 2 years ago
Sodey, congratulations on these wonderful cruises you've won! Are these incentives you've earned through your business?

I've heard pretty much the same about the Paul Gauguin, that's it's smaller including smaller cabins. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic cruise. Is it a 7 day cruise?

Tahiti is high on my wish list. I'll be curious to hear how you enjoyed it.

Sandy
Old 04-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned

Sandy, Yes , they are sales incentive trips. Everything is always first class except for the flights. (But who cares!)So far, the best one was South Africa (safari's etc...) But the Baltic on the Voyager was a great trip as well.
I will let you know all about Tahiti (French Polynesia) when I return.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:28 AM

Congratulations on being such a star with your company!

Regent is a terrific cruise line and I'd be surprised if the Tahiti cruise is anything less than superb. Are you spending time before and/or after the cruise on one of the islands?

Sandy
Old 04-09-2008, 06:43 AM

Tom,
I went to Tahiti on a Wind Star cruise in 1994. I think Tahiti and French Polynesia have the most beautiful waters in the world. It blows the Caribbean away. Tahiti will be commercialized, but the other islands are very natural and pristine. My favorite spot was on Bora Bora. We took some type of adventure that went around the island and stopped up on a high point where World War II cannons still remained. You could look out over the island and the beautiful water. The beaches are very nice. I believe it was Huahine we took an island tour where we were able to step in the river and feed the giant eels. Tahitian pineapple is some of the best. I thought it was much sweeter and better than Hawaiian pineapple. You should have a fabulous cruise.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM

Sure wish we could win something like that. How fantastic for you! Is your company hiring? I have talked with many people that have done the Tahitian/French Polynesian cruise and said it was fantastic. They've also told me the water is unbelievable. The Regent 7 Seas was docked next to us in St. Thomas. She was about 1/3 the size of the Emerald Princess, but I've heard only fantastic reviews from Regent guests.

Please let us know how it went when you return. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

I will definetly write a review when I get back.
I may extend my trip a few days. If anyone knows of a good place to stay, let me know.

Sodey

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, gaugin, gauguin, paul, review, reviews, sydney, tahiti, thaiti, tomwear