Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 08:39 PM

Are you suppose to tip the room service person, everytime they deliever something to your room, or is there a tip fee the crusie line will charge you at the end of your trip.
If you do tip the person how much is generally given. I don't want to be rude or cheap, so I'm asking now. Being that I never Cruised before I have no idea.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 PM

If you have something delivered to your room a $2-$3 tip is adequate.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:57 AM

Royal Caribbean has an extra tip fee, that you will be charged at the end of your cruise. That is about 11.USD each day, per person, and that goes to personal for the staterooms and restaurants.

Haven't checked with other cruise lines, but I guess some of you knows that?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:04 PM

Royal caribbean doesn't charge you at the end of the cruise. They give you envelopes and let you know what the suggested tipping is. You can pre-paid the gratuity if you wish. You then would get a voucher for the cabin stewart and waiters. That way you wouldn't have to use cash. It would be charged to your sea pass. We always tell our travel agent to pre-paid the gratuity when we book the cruise. That way we don't have to think about it, we just get the vouchers on the last night of the cruise. Hope this helps...

Sonny
Old 09-03-2006, 11:34 AM

when we did a room service in the middle of the night we tipped the guy minimum of $5. My 2 sons were in the next room and I told them if they wanted food brought to them they had to be willing to pay someone for the trouble. If they both wanted room service brought at the same time they both coughed up $5. I was very happy that they did that.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:13 AM

h2o, that is great parenting!

$2-$5 is appropriate depending on size of order. And is not included in the pre-paid or already charged tips.

I still do the regular tips the old way with cash in envelopes the last day.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 AM

Islandcruz when you do the tips in cash how much do you usually give to your room steward? We did the prepaid but then gave our room steward another $20 which seemed to be lacking as he was so great. Also, what do you tip the waiters? They are also so wonderful it seems like they deserve so much more than they get!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:45 AM

h2o, I usually give the stewards at least $20 more than they would have got with the automatic. I also give them some extra during the week for extra things they do. I usually tip the waiters and bus/assistants extra too, but depends on how many nights I have dinner. I do leave the general automatic tips on my account for everyone else.

Closed Thread

Tags
auotmatic, cabin, carolina, cruise, cruises, extra, give, mcuh, room, service, ships, south, steward, stewart, tip, tipping