Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 05:31 PM

As my cruise draws near I am now wishing I would have booked a better room. Has anyone had any luck upgrading while on board? And where would I go to do that? I would of course be happy to pay for it, but am wondering what my chances are. Thanks for any help....

No more Huggies and Hamburger Helper...The Boys are in college.... So lets go have some fun!!

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005
http://www.myspace.com/thiakaren

Old 08-17-2005, 05:31 PM

As my cruise draws near I am now wishing I would have booked a better room. Has anyone had any luck upgrading while on board? And where would I go to do that? I would of course be happy to pay for it, but am wondering what my chances are. Thanks for any help....

No more Huggies and Hamburger Helper...The Boys are in college.... So lets go have some fun!!

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005

Old 08-17-2005, 06:07 PM

I have seen others do it, but I am not an expert on this subject by any means. Try not to second guess yourself too much, this could be your best cruise ever!! Happy Sailing!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:36 AM

Go to the passenger relations desk right after you board the ship and inquire if they have any upgtrades available, If the ship is not full, they will gladly upgrade you (at a cost, that is)

Tom
Old 08-18-2005, 11:36 AM

Hi Steve and Karen,
Yes, you can sometimes purchase on upgrade once onboard, but it depends totally on availability. First thing you want to do is ask as you are being processed at the port for check-in. Sometimes there are upgrades available dockside. If that doesn't work, you need to arrive onboard as early as possible, head immediately to the guest relations desk and ask. If the ship is sailing full and there are no upgrades available, there will usually be a sign posted at Guest Relations indicating same. Sometimes upgrades are available on the spot, sometimes they will place you on a "waitlist" (listed on a first come-first served basis). Then, if there are last minute cancellations that open space - you will be notified. It's worth a shot, but there are obviously no guarantees.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-18-2005, 02:40 PM

Thanks for the great advice. And I will do just what you suggested and give it a try. If not I will be happy with the room I have but if I get to upgrade that would be terrific too.
Thanks guys......Gosh I love this forum...

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005

Closed Thread

Tags
chance, minute, monarch, onboard, seas, upgrade, upgrades