Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 05:59 AM

We just got back from our 1st cruise-4 nights and I wanted to share our experiences with packing with other first timers. I took an extension cord and never used it. There was one outlet by the desk/vanity which worked for our hair dryer and curling iron. One outlet in the bathroom. We charged our camera during the day when we were off the boat and didn't need to have our styling tools plugged in. I took a night light, but it made the room too bright, we decided to leave the bathroom door open a bit instead and that worked better. We didn't take Walkie Talkies and I never saw anyone on ship using them. There were a couple times when I wished I had them to find my kids. A couple clothes pins would have been handy to keep the shower curtain closed, the bathroom floor was always soaked after three showers. We took some basic first aid supplies-Dramamine, bandaids, Tylenol, spray for sun burn, etc. We took more clothes than we needed, so I would suggest not packing extra clothes, they took up to much room for not being needed.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:51 AM

Hi Roscoe,
you are not alone with packing more cloth than you need on board. There is a laudry on each ship, and cost are ok. I have made the same experiences with my nightlight. Our bathroom door is open a bit too. Against seasickness I take a patch behind the left ear. It is named Scopoderm, the hormone is Scopolamine. It is the result of US-marine research to help the US-marines. We take sun milk to protect our skin and After-Sun Balm to cool it after the sun bath.
Regards
Uwe

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, list, packing