Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2004, 02:02 PM

I'm hoping to take a short 4 day cruise from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas in early November. What are the chances that we'll have bad weather or even a hurricane this time of year? Would it help to delay by one week? What, generally, do cruise lines do when faced with a hurricane? I would be on Royal Caribbean... Thanks!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:47 PM

Hi
By November the hurricane season is over.
You should be fine.
With all of the navigation & weather info available the ships stay as clear from bad weather as they can. They do all in their power to keep the pax & ships safe.
Often times ports are cancelled & replaced to find a "safe" path. Cruise lines were also posting updated reports on their changes.
There have been several posts about this topic if you want to read more.
BON VOYAGE!!

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 10-25-2004, 10:41 AM
RSAHM:

I too am taking a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. It will be on November 1st. I have been asking all around what the conditions are like. Everyone told me that it is back to normal. The private island that my ship will stop at is now back to normal (for awhile, it was closed for repairs due to the hurricanes).

The chances of encountering more hurricanes are slim. Usually, when the first cool temperatures of autumn have arrived, you can usually stop worrying about hurricanes. And with those cooler temperatures comes lots of sunshine and great weather. This is good for everyone in Florida (after being hit by 4 hurricanes in a row)and good for cruises Although, hurricane season does last until the end of November.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, bahama, bahamas, carribean, cruise, cruises, cruisesnovembershurricanes, hurricane, hurricanes, november, reviews, safe, time, weather, week