Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Banned

Tipping Again; I'll be doing that soon....tipping a nice glass of cabernet down my gullett.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned

Good one goin cruisin.

Anyway, I usually tip a 2 spot (2 dollar bill) For room service, and then I usually tip 20 at the end of the cruise if I liked the steward. I think I tipped the guy 5 to start out but I am not sure. Cant remember. Had my mind on something else.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:55 PM

Tip the Steward by pre-paid gratuity and extra at end of cruise for great service.

The Steward brings ice and cleans your cabin on a regular schedule.

Room Service brings when you ask. Is 2 different things. A tip at time of service would be in order.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:18 PM

I have a couple of questions on tipping:

Do cruise service workers,(those working for tips), actually know beforehand which passengers are adding their tips to their bills and tipping the recommended $10.00/per day/per person?

I might be wrong but, it seems to me that a service worker will work harder for his/her tips and will provide better service, than one that knows ahead of time what kind of tip will be given.

Can you not include your tips on your shipboard account and tip individually (and accordingly) your cabin steward, dinnig room waiter, etc. on the last day of the cruise?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Yes, the automatic gratuities go on your shipboard account; you may tip individuals anytime but the end of the cruise is traditional (except for room service--you should tip every time you receive an order).

The stewards and waiters do not know who is tipping or how much.

This of course is one of the arguments against the automatic gratuity--no incentive. My feeling is it is more convenient and I would think the pool would actually be larger; how many are actually going to go to the trouble of camcelling out the gratuity on the last morning; and many tip extra on top of the automatic gratuity.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:33 AM

No. If you leave the tips on the account you cannot tip accordingly to service given with that money charged.

It will be divided per their percentages for services.

If I get your question correctly, you are asking if what is charged you can get the cash
back and then tip it out as you see fit.

You can take your tips off your account, but
they will not give you cash back to tip. They will just credit your account.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:58 AM

Oh "Tipping" as in money... I thought it was a city in China we were talking about.

I allways find my Cabin Stewart first thing and introduce my self and explain if he see's beer in my cabin to make sure it is iced down. I also tell him my usuall daily routine about my afternoon nap at 4:30 till 8:00. I will mention if there were any Cute ladies sailing alone to direct them to my cabin as I give free ship tours. That gets us joking and I hand him a $20.00 bill. and say theres more for you by the end of the cruise. and tell him to keep it to himself.
I still have the prepaid gratuities active.
I also tip cash to the waiter or waitress on the first night.
we have been over this on this board before and Im just saying what work's well for me.
T.I.P.S to me means To insure Promise of Service
Old 04-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Banned

I like your style Mr. October.

I love how worked up people get over tips "I dont want to tip him beforehand because he might do something I dont liek and I need to punish him!!!!" For gods sake. Just enjoy your vaca and tip like you only live once.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 AM

Afternoon nap at 4:30? Miss Happy Hour?

Never! Nap time is 6 till 7:30, wake up and take a shower, go to dinner and start all over again

A little incentive at first for an anticipation of a bigger reward later is the best I have found.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrOctober: I will mention if there were any Cute ladies sailing alone to direct them to my cabin as I give free ship tours.
Now there's a good idea, I'll have to try that!
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
bills, cruise, dollar, tipping