Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2003, 01:58 PM

I recieved $1500 for a cruise for 2 from the company i work for . My concerns are
1 wife gets seasick , should i go for 4-day only ?
2 We are mid 40's active which cruise line is best for the price ?
3 how much $$ do we need for extras ie tips ,excursions drinks etc...
4 when is best time this year to go carribean or bahammas
Old 08-02-2003, 04:04 PM

Rick, the first step you should take is to visit a reputable travel agent in your area. She/he can answer those questions and more. There are some great bargains out there these days in cruises, especially if you can go before the end of this year. Ask your friends and co-workers for an agent they would recommend. Being able to talk in person with an agent who knows cruises will steer you to the best cruise for you - this is especially true for first-timers!

Congratulations, and have a great cruise!
Karen
Old 09-22-2003, 07:00 AM

Don't worry so much. Our first cruise was Carnival Tropicale a real dump of a ship but we loved it because we had not been on better.

As far as a "reputable cruise agent" most are in for the money so they may not necessarily steer you to the best cruise. I know we paid WAY too much our first couple of cruises with an "reputable agent". Then I read in a magazine about cruise.com. You go there on the internet but they have an 888 number you can call and talk to a real agent. Once you are booked and assigned an agent-you have their Extention so you can call and talk to them about any concerns or problems. Our agent has always been more then helpful. We have also from them received pricedrops, upgrades and even a refund after paying for the cruise in full becuse the price of the cruise dropped. No we never received a free bottle of champayne but with the deals we get-who cares?

Right now you can get a balcony cabin on Princess Grand out of Ft. Lauderdale through them for $700. That is a deal that can hardly be beat as normally an inside cabin is that much and sometimes more.

Closed Thread