Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   Discount Cruise Agencies! (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/21045-discount-cruise-agencies.html)

daddyx2 08-15-2007 09:40 AM

Has anyone heard of National Discount Cruise Company? They have excellent rates and better than I've seen online. Just wondering if anyone has heard of them.

KAWS 08-15-2007 12:31 PM

Well they are CLIA certified (or members or whatever you call it) and I understand that's a must.

I'd Google them and see what comes up. See if they are part of BBB. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot but it's something.

Give them a call and ask about their policies: cancellation, changes, price lowering if qualified, bonuses, etc. See what they say and ask for it in writing before you book.
Kim

daddyx2 08-15-2007 01:02 PM

I called Oceania Cruises which is the cruise line I'm interested in....and they praised National Discount Cruise Company for the work with Oceania and the great customer service they provide. I also found out they are one of the top 5 discount cruise companies in the country. One great thing is...you can't book directly on line from them....everything is done over the phone. Wow a live agent to talk to.

gdjoslin 08-15-2007 08:08 PM

I perfer a real live agent. We walk in and talk to ours. I am not much for dealing with people I know nothing about.
Just my thoughts.

LHT28 08-15-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by daddyx2:
I called Oceania Cruises which is the cruise line I'm interested in....and they praised National Discount Cruise Company for the work with Oceania and the great customer service they provide. I also found out they are one of the top 5 discount cruise companies in the country. One great thing is...you can't book directly on line from them....everything is done over the phone. Wow a live agent to talk to.
Just wonder how there rates compare to the other websites offering Oceania?
Ta's that book Oceania cruises do not really discount they may offer some perks.

daddyx2 08-16-2007 06:06 AM

Hi LHT28,

What they actually do is rebate part of the commission back to the customer. Plus they add in some perks which they can obtain because of the high volume they do. You always will talk to a live person with experience with the cruise lines and not just an order taker like most of the online companies....this company is good.

f-mattox 08-16-2007 08:05 AM

Dosen't rebating part of the commission back to the customer make it kind of unfair to the other agents that aren't able to do that? Seems kind of unethical to me. It certainly isin't a level playing field.

daddyx2 08-16-2007 08:57 AM

First of all....it is a level playin field everyone gets the same prices from most of the cruise lines. Second ALL of the major cruise seller rebate. 3rd...what makes this company different is that they do have excellent customer service and they have been in the travel industry for 40 years.

drlivingston 08-16-2007 09:41 AM

Is this considered actively advertising for an individual company rather than an industry as a whole? No offense, daddyx2, my curiosity is just aroused.

LHT28 08-16-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by daddyx2:
Hi LHT28,

What they actually do is rebate part of the commission back to the customer.
I did not think this was allowed with O cruises?
Interesting.

where are they located?
Do they have website?