Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 05:26 AM

I find it strange the stories keep saying the family was suppose to be on a five night cruise but the Majesty doesn't do five night cruises. They also say they were kicked off the ship at 11PM. The Majesty is only suppose to be in Nassau until 6PM. I also wish they'd quit calling it a "Boat". (Sorry just my pet peeve there). Seems like there definitely is details missing in this story.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:16 AM

It does seem like some details are missing. I have never had a cold that caused vomiting and diarrhea. I guess it could happen to a baby though. The calling the ship a boat is a pet peeve of mine too. Our bar tender a few years ago called out a young couple for it. He pointed to a life boat and said "that is a boat, this is a ship". I think the future cruise credit is adequate. It isn't their fault they didn't have passports or travel insurance.

Dwayne
Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Administrator

I wonder what ship they were actually on?

I was always told the difference between a ship and a boat is "a ship can carry boats but a boat can't carry a ship". Submarines are called boats.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:27 AM

It probably was Majesty as they only have three ships doing the Bahamas. Majesty, Monarch and Soverign of the Seas are the only ships RCCL has currently hitting thier port. Reporting it as a 5 nighter is yet another discrepency in the story. It would have been either a 3 or 4 night sailing on any of these ships. Why bother with the actual facts of a story when you have something you can report with a sick baby, an evil corporation mistreating a family and lots of emotional appeal to their viewers, especially mothers. I'll bet they got very big ratings for that nights broadcast after running the ads that were the trailer in the video. Here I go being cynical again.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Administrator

The TV station is in Orlando. I bet they mean the Sovereign and not the Majesty. The Sovereign is out of Port Canaveral and shows being in Nassau until midnight. Oh, and it is a 4-day not a 5-day.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:49 AM

See Dave, we're already getting closer to the facts than the investigative reporter that did the story. They didn't have the ship or length of sailing right. I wonder what else in the story is fabricated to fit the well spun tale of woe?

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-27-2008, 01:12 PM

I guess I missed something. I thought after Jan 1 you had to have passports. I have not really paid attention to it because we have had our for several years.
Our friends told us that his business partner and family were kicked off of a ship last fall. It was after the mom was complaining about the kids being in different Day Camps because of age. She wanted them together. After she threaten to become physical, they were removed from the ship. Sounds to me like it was all her fault....

Old 04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Gary,

The passport requirement for cruises was yet again rolled back until maybe next year.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:41 PM

Nope, the Sovereign doesn't work for the story. They were kicked off the ship on Tuesday night, and the Sovereign isn't in Nassau until Wednesday. I bet they were on the Mystery of the Seas.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Administrator

I went to the RCI site and it shows the Majesty leaving earlier in the evening from Nassau. Then I went to some other cruise websites and they show a midnight departure.

I would look on cruisecal.com but they have gone to a total subscription basis.

Closed Thread

Tags
children, cruise, month, passport