Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
Our friends told us that his business partner and family were kicked off of a ship last fall. It was after the mom was complaining about the kids being in different Day Camps because of age. She wanted them together. After she threaten to become physical, they were removed from the ship. Sounds to me like it was all her fault....
These type of stories always give me better faith in the judgement of the Captain and crew. Threats, petitions and other rude, obnoxious or anti social behavior should be dealt with in this manner. I'm happy to hear it is. The spoiled cry babies in society need these type of lessons in life. Where else in society can such just deciesions be made and enforced? Not very many places and as a result there are plenty of rude, obnoxious, anti-social bullies out there. Nice when they get slapped with a lesson they should have had way back in kindergarten!

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Ahh, that didn't take long. I found an even better - free - site here. So I guess it had to be the Majesty or the Sensation, and so it would seem it was the Majesty and it didn't leave until midnight since RCI did provide a reply to the TV station.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:43 PM

So did this incident hold the ship up from leaving at 6PM?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So did this incident hold the ship up from leaving at 6PM?
Who knows?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Administrator

I was just looking around the 'net at some Cruise Compass's and recent reviews of the Majesty Of The Seas. They show the ship as being in Nassau until midnight, so it would appear the RCI website is wrong - not that that has ever happened!

So the case appears to be the family in question was on a 4 day cruise on the Majesty, and they were hastened to leave the ship and go to a hospital since the ship was trying to leave on time - that being midnight.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Well I don't buy it...
Either way whats up with that?
A baby on a cruise??
My best recommendation to anyone that is reading this post, don't take your kids to a cruise until they are at least 3 years old and do your self a favor...
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 AM

Just the mere fact that a sick infant was directly involved makes the media salivate. Big heartless company squashing the vacation plans of Joe Middleclass. Sheesh... the headline virtually assures itself of media sensationalism. RCCL did not have to issue the family anything... much less credit towards a future cruise. My wife if a physician and she has had to make some unpopular decisions. It's sort of like those, "Life comes at you fast" Nationwide insurance commercials. People inherently hope for the best but they never plan for the worst. It is a shame that it happened but it could happen to anyone... well, anyone who chooses to travel with a 7-month old. Just think, earlier that day little Zoie was probably sharing her diarrhea with anyone in or near the "kiddie*" pool.
*kiddie pool refers to any pool on the ship.
Why can't we as people harbor a slight amount of responsibility for our actions and outcomes. That little extra for trip insurance would have sure made a difference. I dare say that the evil corporate giant that is RCCL would not have forced them to walk the plank had they not had their belongings ready to go in ten minutes.
Can you see Rambo the armed cabin steward. "Drop the cute towel monkey and reach for the skies!!"
Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Sure am glad these weren't my parents!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Administrator

And now the truth comes out...

RCI had an ambulance pick up the child and her family at the pier - they were that concerned over the child's health. RCI also set up a hotel room for the family for that night and provided them with contact info for getting a refund for the part of the cruise they missed. And finally, RCI reimbursed the family for the passports and air home.

Of course, the Orlando TV station was more concerned with creating news out of a non-event than they were with the truth.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM

Sure sheds a whole new light on "Family kicked of RCCL ship, mother wasn't even given time to change out of her PJs". Don't ya just love the media!

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
children, cruise, month, passport