Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 AM
I was wondering if the charge is the same for children in the cabin as an adult like if a mother and child share a cabin and the cabin is like let's say $786pp will the child's fare be the same the child is age 7.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-18-2007, 05:46 AM

Spritfilled,

different cruise lines have different fares for children. Usually, however, if a child occupies one of the lower beds of a cabin, it will have to pay the regular price. For upper berths etc. the price ranges from the regular 3rd/4th person fare to children sailing for free, depending on the cruise line.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-19-2007, 04:49 AM
If I travel alone I pay for a second person even though they are not there so I doubt it would be cheaper for a child.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 07-22-2007, 08:30 AM

Even a tiny infant that won't eat or partake in any of the amenities on the ship pays the full fare. If it is two parents, the infant pays the rate of 3rd passenger in the cabin.

A lot has been written about this policy on various forum boards.

I personally think it is a way for the cruiselines to discourage bringing babies on these cruises. These cruises are not really geared towards tiny infants and their needs. (i.e., if you have a baby that cries all night or cries itself to sleep every night and you are in the cabin next to mine, Carnival is going to have a problem!

Don't flame. I am not baby-hating. I just don't want to enjoy anyone else's little darling. )

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 07-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Getting back to the original question....as Raoul notes, if the passenger is part of the double occupancy part of the booking they will pay the full price regardless of their age. Cruise lines base their bookings on double occupancy.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IBCRUZIN':
Even a tiny infant that won't eat or partake in any of the amenities on the ship pays the full fare. If it is two parents, the infant pays the rate of 3rd passenger in the cabin.

A lot has been written about this policy on various forum boards.

I personally think it is a way for the cruiselines to discourage bringing babies on these cruises. These cruises are not really geared towards tiny infants and their needs. (i.e., if you have a baby that cries all night or cries itself to sleep every night and you are in the cabin next to mine, Carnival is going to have a problem!

Don't flame. I am not baby-hating. I just don't want to enjoy anyone else's little darling. )
I think the cruise is for the benefit of the mother. and the child is simply dependent on the mother so they go along.

If I have to put up with obnoxious people telling me where to smoke my cigars, and that I can get food from room service, and people being wasted, puking on carpet and talking and singing loudly, banging into the walls.... I can put up with a baby who cries as their only means to get what they need.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 AM

This is why we picked HAL. No teenagers puking, no loud obnoxious people talking and singing loudly, no riduculous (and dangerous) behaviour on balconies and in the hallways and in both cruises taken on HAL I have never seen a baby.
Of course on HAL, there is the danger of being hit by a set of dentures on a windy day on deck, and there is the sight of old bodies in bathing suits, and sloooow moving people down long hallways.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

And the midnight buffet is at 9:00pm. Let's not forget the chocolate metamucil melting cake (HAL's version).
Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
And the midnight buffet is at 9:00pm. Let's not forget the chocolate metamucil melting cake (HAL's version).
Lights out at 10
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

And on the night before debarkation, all luggage is in the hallway by 7:30p.

Closed Thread

Tags
baby, hal