Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: MY boyfriend and I are planning a 4 day cruise for April2003..but dont if we should chose Carnival
Royal 11 78.57%
Carnival 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2002, 03:58 PM

Old 07-10-2002, 03:58 PM

Old 07-10-2002, 07:40 PM

Well, it depends. What do you want/expect from a cruise? What things do you like to do? Is dancing and night life important? Give us something to work with here!!!
Old 07-10-2002, 10:21 PM

I haven't personally sailed Royal, but have Carnival 3 times and wouldn't recommend to anyone.They have numerous problems aboard the 3 ships we've been on, and an "we don't care" attitude. Princess is our favorite, but don't think they do just a 4 day cruise. Good Luck!
Old 07-15-2002, 05:12 AM

My husband and I have been on RC for 2 cruises and are about to be on RC for a 3rd cruise in November 2002. We have had fabulous trips on RC. Although we have never been on Carnival we have talked to plenty of people who have and did not get favorable reviews. We have found RC to be the top of the line.. My recommendation is definitely RC...
Old 07-17-2002, 06:42 PM

Haven't done Royal but love Carnival. Like anything there are things I can do without but we have sailed it as a couple, a family and in a group and have had a wonderful time.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:43 PM

I have been on 9 cruises. 4 with Carnvial, 4 with RCCL, and 1 with Commodore. It seemed that something always went wrong on Carnvial. We kept going back because of the price and the sailing dates out of New Orleans. We could drive and not have the expense of flying. Commodore was one of my favorite lines, but they are not in business now.We have never been disappointed in RCCL. We were on the Nordic Empress during the 9/11 out of New York. We left on Sunday and the attack was on Tuesday. I cannot tell you the comfort this crew expressed to us. The Captain was the nicest man. He was seen walking the decks and talking to the passenagers. He had to have alot on his mind, but he was rarely out of sight. To top it off at the end of the trip RCCL gave us a 25% off the next cruise. Which I will be using on the 12th of October.I have seen nothing on the chat lines, about what Carnival did for their passenagers. This was something that RCCL did not have to do. This puts them on the top of my list.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:48 PM

It seems Carnival is getting some bad raps here! I have not cruised RCCL, though have toured several of their ships. I have sailed Carnival twice, both short cruises, and enjoyed both. Found a few things I wasn't really happy with, but also found a few details on other cruise lines that weren't perfect either. Your attitude and matching the cruise line (and ship) with what you enjoy are the most important factors in enjoying your cruise experience. I have had several clients on both cruise lines and all enjoyed their cruises a great deal.
I agree with Maureen, we can't help unless we know what you like, and what you are expecting/hoping for.
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2002, 03:26 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

I agree with Maureen & Karen. You have to fit the ship to the person and what they like. Mary & I wrote the following and include it in the Suggestions section of our reviews.

All Ships of a Cruise Line Are Not the Same:
Mary & I come from large families. Our siblings have similar characteristics but each one has their own distinct personality.

Cruise lines and their ships are like that. Not all ships of a cruise line are the same. They differ for many reasons. The age of the ship, the size of the ship (the tonnage), the amenities, the expertise of the Food Manager/Executive Chef but the most important difference is how the crew comes together under the guidance and the direction of the Hotel Manager. The effectiveness of his training of the servers is reflected in the way the crew caters to and pampers their guests.

The point we’re making is, if you want to increase your odds of booking the ship that will best fulfill your expectations, we suggest you learn as much as possible about the ships of the cruise line your considering booking. Read as many cruise reviews as you can. Frequent the cruise message boards. If you have a question about a specific ship or port, post your question and one of them will answer you. You shouldn’t leave every thing to your TA. The Internet has a wealth of information about cruising. Do as much research as possible so you can give your TA the information he/she needs to help you select the right ship and right itinerary for you.

Warm regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 09-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Banned

Take the cheapest one. If it is Carnival and you have never been on a cruise before you will enjoy it and have a great time. Start at the bottom and work your way up. This way each cruise will be better than the last one. Carnival is the party ship. They do a lot fun and wild things. Things like the first person to jump in the pool with all of their cloths on gets a free drink. Etc. It is like anything else if you do not participate you will not enjoy it. Go on the cruise get involved with all of the goofy stuff and party. Our first cruise was on Carnival. All we heard from passengers that have cruised a lot were complaints and comparisons to the other lines. One guy said he did not like the food. I asked what was wrong with it? He said anytime they have ten pieces of silverware you never get enough to eat. I looked at him and said "If you did not like the food why would you want more?" he did not know waht to say. All cruise lines have their own little perks. If Carnival is the least expensive go for it.

Closed Thread

Tags
carniva, carnival, carvnal, cruise, line, rated, royal