Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Couldn't get too close to the pits. F1 can be **** about some things (well, many things).
Old 04-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

Come to Montreal!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:57 AM

I was in Montreal about 40 years ago (I was really young,ok). They didn't seem to care for Americans much. We were looking for my dad's childhood home, which was still standing, in Hawksberry, Ontario and spent the night in Montreal. I would love to see the races there, however. Don't know if I could afford to stay there, though. Even so many years ago, I remember a cup of coffee was $2.50 and a pack of cigarettes were $5.00. I can only imagine what the prices are like now. But the race venue is great there.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
I was in Montreal about 40 years ago (I was really young,ok). They didn't seem to care for Americans much. We were looking for my dad's childhood home, which was still standing, in Hawksberry, Ontario and spent the night in Montreal. I would love to see the races there, however. Don't know if I could afford to stay there, though. Even so many years ago, I remember a cup of coffee was $2.50 and a pack of cigarettes were $5.00. I can only imagine what the prices are like now. But the race venue is great there.
I have good friends in Hawksberry,When I was younger I used to race motorcycles there.If you want I will get you some info on the grande prix. Also our Jass Festival is a blast. lots of free entertainment.You can still get a good coffee for a buck and you really should quit smoking anyway! You must have met the wrong people We love you guys! If you want to come to the G,P. let me know and I will recomend some affordable accomadations.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:56 PM

That would be really great, I don't know that I could afford going, but it would be interesting to find out how much a weekend would cost. The F1 website has some packages, the least expensive of which is around $3500/pp for a weekend, but I'm sure you can get race tickets for a lot less. I really like a real road course. I know Indy is the US icon of racing, however, you can't beat a true road course. A general idea of what rooms would cost would be really nice. I can find ticket prices on line, but have no clue what hotels are good up there and how much they cost.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Ok Dave and Penny... how did the cruise Chat forum turn into "I love Formula One racing" chat? Shame Shame Dave
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
Ok Dave and Penny... how did the cruise Chat forum turn into "I love Formula One racing" chat? Shame Shame Dave
Personal privilege of the administrator!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

check out this site for hotels
http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/aubaines0.html
Old 04-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

you can book a private jet a this site
http://www.montrealvip.com/packages/...lgrandprix.php
or get general addmission tickets for $74.00 here
http://www.easygpt.com/index.asp?pageid=WWW_EASYGPT_COM...aign=CANADA&ref=gecm
Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

I will be cycling for charity on the circuit the week after the Grand Prix,anyone want to sponsor me for a great cause?Heel 'n' Wheel-a-Thon

Thanks a million to all our participants and sponsors, we raised close to $105 000 in 2006

See you all Saturday June 23rd 2007 at our next HNW at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve!

Warm up: 11.00 am

kick off: 11.15 am

New kick off location: On Ile Notre Dame directly on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve close to the beach , come and walk with Benjamin Roy and his family. Parking is free!!!

Hi!

My name is Benjamin and Iíll be 6 years old soon! I've started school and I like it a lot! I love to play with my little sister and my friends. I really like going to the park on the slides and I love to go hiking with my family! Sometimes though, Iím not strong enough to do all these things and it makes me sadÖ

Since I was a baby, my tummy sometimes hurts me, but since Iíve been 4 years old it has been better! I often have to go to the hospital for appointments, and I really donít like it when they have to do a blood test. But when I have to sleep at the hospital, they can't all stay to hold my hand. Thankfully, my Doctor also takes good care of me!

All the money raised will help to fund Canadian research into inflammatory bowel diseases. One day we will find a cure so babies and kids like me, and even grown-ups, donít have to suffer from IBD ever again!

Thank you!

Closed Thread

Tags
barratt, bruce, cruses, theam, tx