Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Hi everyone. Well, I have been keeping an eye on airfares from Phoenix to LAX for my trip in jan. Anyways, the fares dropped quite a bit, so I bought them yesterday. If I had already bought them, and I caught the airfare drop, I could of called and gotten the price difference in a voucher. I have done this several times, bought my fare, it dropped, and got the price difference in a voucher. I once got a voucher for $400+. With US airways, you have to use the voucher at the airport, for me that is feasible, probably not for others. Well, I just wanted to remind people of this way to possible save some money. I have only done this with US Airways, I don't know if other airlines do it, it is worth checking into I think. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-05-2008, 02:47 PM

Did they give you the voucher for the full amount or was it minus the exchange fee?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 PM

There wasn't an exchange fee. They refunded me the difference of the fare that I had book, and the new published fare. I called them and said, "I noticed that the airfares for the flight I purchased have dropped. Can I get the difference refunded back to me". They only offer the refund in the form of a voucher. They mailed me the voucher, and I was able to use the voucher amount at the US Airways desk at the airport to book another flight. I have done this twice. If the amount is not that much, basically not worth the hour R/T to the airport, I don't bother. Lil' Lori

Old 08-06-2008, 10:36 AM

It's like when the fare for your cruise drops, and you call to get a refund in some sort of way. Theres no fee assessed, at least when I did it. Who knows now, with all the crap there pulling on us. Lil' Lori

Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 PM

Lucky you! I booked our flights to San Juan on a Thursday (Air Canada) and the very next Monday those flights were down over $200 pp. I was livid. The flight is not till next March and this was last APRIL that I booked it.

I called Air Canada, got nowhere. They told me to file a complaint, which I did and got nowhere. I battled back and forth with their customer service rep, threw a few of her own words back at her and just when I was ready to give up, she gave me back $200 credit towards either a future trip or said I could apply it to this one if I put in for it one month after flying. She absolutely would not adjust my pricing by the same $200 she said she'd give me back after.

It still really ticked me off, but did go to show that they say they can't do a thing, and they most certainly CAN.

Kim
Old 08-30-2008, 04:20 PM

Hi Kaws,

You rock!! Way to go. We have flown Air Canada A LOT!!! and have not found them to be even remotely human in their dealings with customers at all. Good for you in your perseverance.
Judy

Closed Thread