Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2003, 12:24 PM

Does anyone know anything about this hotel or have stayed there? On another website, I saw some bad reviews about this place. PLEASE let me know if we should cancel and get a room somewhere else.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:24 PM

Does anyone know anything about this hotel or have stayed there? On another website, I saw some bad reviews about this place. PLEASE let me know if we should cancel and get a room somewhere else.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:51 PM

We stayed there just about 3 weeks ago, it is a clean place, but not within walking distance to restaurants. We had to take a taxi to go get dinner. One thing you should know is exactly what the rate is "including tax", we were quoted $125 a night and that was said to have included tax when we booked it 3 months prior to our stay. So, when we went to check out, taxes were added to our room plus they realized that we had 4 guests in one room(which i did indicate when booking the reservation), So, all in all I feel as though they very much took advantage of us, and the manager whom i spoke to about the situation was pretty rude as well. I would strongly suggest getting something "in writing" on your confirmation. If i had known we would eventually be paying $50 more for the room in the end I probably would have stayed on the other side of the bridge within walking distance to food,etc. Our room was clean, but definately not worth $175!!! hope this helps. Also, does not include breakfast.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:56 PM

one more thing, i should tell you is that they charged our Credit card 2 weeks before we even checked in as a hold they say. So, if you decide to cancel there make sure you know their cancellation policy so that you won't be charged. I have never been charged for a hotel room prior to our arrival, how obsurd!!! I don't mean to sound so negative, like i said the room and property was nice and clean, i was just very, very dissapointed with our hidden charges and how management handled the situation when i confronted them., i would have thought they would have tried to make us a little more happier., but i guess the customer is always right doesn't apply in Ft. Lauderdale!
Old 03-28-2003, 10:27 PM

First of all, having had a condo in Fort Lauderdale, you might want to look at Embassy Suites. They're within walking distance of restaurants, and most Embassy Suites have a free breakfast spread. Not sure about this one. In response to the last post, we have had room charged on credit cards well in advance of our stay. You find this a lot in the resort and mountainous areas of New England. I don't like the practice myself, and the 1 time we had to cancel for a family problem, it was 3-4 months before the credit card was credited. Not my idea of fun.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:34 PM

The Ft Lauderdale Embassy Suites has a full cooked breakfast, also cereals & other "continental" breakfast items, included in the price of the room. Nice hotel; I've stayed there twice.
Sue is right that resort areas often charge the card ahead of time - many hotels in such areas require a deposit, rather than just a guarantee, to hold a room. It's not uncommon. Neither is waiting a while for the account to be credited after a cancellation. In any case, always ask if the hotel will be making any charges on your card before you arrive, as policies vary, depending on location and time of year.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:57 PM

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Marina Hotel March 22nd before taking our cruise on the 'Enchantment' this past week. Our stay at this hotel did not provide what I would call an acceptable experience with the result being that I will never recommend this place to anyone.
At the time of check-in, we discovered that the room with king size bed that we had reserved AND PAID FOR using a credit card, was not available. We were faced with the option of accepting a room with a queen size bed or wait another hour or two when a room, simililar to what we had reserved and already paid for, 'might' become available. Please note that the time is after 4.00pm and the cleaning personnel were still working on rooms vacated that morning! In addition, the pool was so murky that you could barely see the bottom so we did not feel like going for a swim that night; the jacuzzi was out of order; the stairwells located near our room and the areas surrounding the pool bar looked like they had not been cleaned for some time (loads of cigarette butts) plus our hotel room was something that I would expect to see in a two star hotel.
My advice.... check out the recommendations made by other contributors who have responded to your posting. Bobby

[This message was edited by Bobby on March 30, 2003 at 05:20 PM.]

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, fort, ft, hotel, hotels, lauderdale, port, suite, yacht, yatch