Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 PM

For the holidays I was looking for something really special to do for my fiancee. He's always talking about how badly he wants to go on a trip, so I was thinking about trying to book a getaway for the two of us. This is my first time and my biggest concern is not knowing what to expect. I also want to try and get the best deal possible, as finances are a little tight.

Ultimately I'm looking for an unforgetable 5 or so day cruise with a lot of freedom as far as activities and meals go. I was looking at possibly a carribean cruise, but would be open for other suggestions.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to really help me with this one. Anything would be SO appreciated!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 PM

For the holidays I was looking for something really special to do for my fiancee. He's always talking about how badly he wants to go on a trip, so I was thinking about trying to book a getaway for the two of us. This is my first time and my biggest concern is not knowing what to expect. I also want to try and get the best deal possible, as finances are a little tight.

Ultimately I'm looking for an unforgetable 5 or so day cruise with a lot of freedom as far as activities and meals go. I was looking at possibly a carribean cruise, but would be open for other suggestions.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to really help me with this one. Anything would be SO appreciated!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 PM

Welcome to cruise chat, Lovinlife!! Do you live on or near the west coast or the east coast? Do you know what cruise port you are closest too?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 PM

Thanks! I'm actually in Chicago so nowhere super close to either coast. I was actually looking for something departing from somewhere in Florida because I have family all over the state. But, it really doesn't matter too much. I wouldn't mind flying to a different port.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:00 AM
When were you looking to go? Seems to me down in FL (where I live) the seas are rougher in the winter, but maybe someone else out there is more experienced on this than I am.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:12 AM

If you're looking at the holidays, it's a little late, but you might find something. Check with NCL, Costa, Carnival, and Royal Caribbean. I think Costa only has 7 day itineraries, but the others have 3-5 day itineraries available. If you have a travel agent, it would be good to give them a call. They can do the research for you and find a match that should meet your requirements. Most Christmas and New Years cruises are sold out, but you may be able to get something before or after. You don't have much time, so get busy.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 AM

I guess I should have phrased better, I'm looking to book something in March or April but it would be a Christmas gift if that makes sense. Sorry!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:57 AM

Perfect! If you don't have a TA, then visit their websites. They all seem to be offering some great bargains. NCL has the freestyle dining, which means no assigned times. Princess also offers Personal Choice, HAL has Anytime You Wish, and some Royal Caribbean ships are experimenting with the concept. Costa is assigned seating, as well as Carnival. Almost all the cruise lines have additional fee restaurants that you can make reservations for. The Caribbean is a fantastic winter break. You will find more options out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, but there are cruises out of Tampa and Port Canaveral, as well New Orleans and Mobile. NCL, Carnival, and Royal have 3-5 day itineraries. Good luck in your search!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lovinlife432:
I guess I should have phrased better, I'm looking to book something in March or April but it would be a Christmas gift if that makes sense. Sorry!

Makes perfect sense, my wife is getting tickets to see Sugarland for Christmas but we don't actually get to see them until August. Each of the cruise lines has their own website where you can search for cruises and find out prices. They are all relatively easy to use and navigate. Happy cruising!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-10-2008, 09:31 AM

March/April bad timing. Spring break time. Easter is April 12th next year. You may be able to still find something within your budget, but airfare probably won't be good. You need to get on this NOW!

Closed Thread