Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 PM

Hi... we are to get our cruise for next year... don't know which to choose.. same itinary.. a brand new ship with Carnival, and Mariner.. well... good reputation... don't know which one to choose.. Your opinion??? Please!!!

thank you
Old 05-05-2008, 07:08 PM

Hi, Tacha from what I have read the Mariner is being relocated for next year. But there will be another rci to take its place. I would make my decision based on what you want out of a ship. RCI has a lot going on and from what I hear, the children are considered as important guests as well. You will have fun either way. You are going to take a cruise!!! yeah!!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:38 PM

The Freedom of the Seas will be replacing the Mariner. The Freedom is even bigger than the Mariner. My opinion is really one sided…everyone knows I only sail on Royal Caribbean.

Sonny

Old 05-06-2008, 12:07 PM
In your case I will go with carnival since:
1. Is a new ship
2. Is cheaper than RCCL
3. I like the past guest specials that carnival has and you will not have to wait to go diamond in order to get them.
4. The melting chocolate cake
5. Is a fun ship with a new smell you can't beat that.

but like sonny says this is a one sided opinion In my case I am a carnival fan
Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 AM

I am starting to be worried... I book Splendor... but... I am worried... Carnival does not have the reputation of R.C.
I am cruising on the legend next August, with children, not worried at all. But after, 2009, Splendor, new ship... me and my husband alone, will it be up to my expectations???
Service, quality of food... anymations...
I want that Splendor ship to be ready for us, not testing or experementing on us!!!

Is Carnival equal to R.C.?? Some say.. Carnival has a bad reputation without reasons!! Some other... say never with Carnival!!
your opinon!!!!!! :-)
Thank You
Old 05-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Carnival doesn't test or experiment with their passengers. The ship will be fine. Carnival is fine. The food, service, and everything else is fine.

In fact, I personally think Carnival's food is a tad better than RCI.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:59 AM

Tacha,
Cruising is a very subjective topic. It is one of those areas where people can be very Brand loyal. Let me relate that to motorcycles. You have your very devoted brand loyal Harley Davidson riders, and those that wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley. So does that mean those that ride Harleys are wrong, or those that ride GoldWings, Yamahas, or Suzukis are wrong? It's just a preference based on a person's perception, expectations, experiences, and what fits their needs. It is much the same with cruises. There are different levels with cruise lines. There are mass market, premium, deluxe, and luxury. Royal Caribbean and Carnival both fall into the mass market. The two lines are very similar with level of service, food, and entertainment. Some people will have different opinions that the pizza and buffet are better on Carnival. Others may think the opposite and think Royal Caribbean food is better. You can interview 10 people coming off the same ship and get 10 different opinions. Those that criticize Carnival the most have never even sailed Carnival, or haven't been on Carnival in many many years.

The Carnival Spendor comes out this July. I believe any bugs will be worked out by your cruise in 2009.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:33 AM
I can't understand about
carnival bad reputation?
What you mean is Carnival bad reputation?
Do you read some crazy reviews talking about carnival and those "nightmare cruises"?
Well don't believe them,
Carnival is a great company even more I can say I will take any carnival cruise anytime and I know I will enjoy it, it's a fun ship.
Here is my personal experience:

1. 1 cruise on the AOS (2006)
2. 3 cruises with carnival Destiny(2005, 2007 and this summer 2008)

To be true if my first cruise experience had been a RCCl, the adventure of the seas, like it was suppose to since it was my first option but the ship was full, so I took the Carnival Destiny insted, I will have never book another cruise again in my life, I got my reasons very personal with RCCl.
RCCL Is a great company too and maybe in the future I will book another cruise with them but for now I can only say that carnival can live to your expectations don't worry about reviews...
Old 05-12-2008, 08:44 AM

Well... thank's for your comment!!
Really, you did reassure me.. and as some said, a lot of bad comments come from people who never tried Carnival..
Like my T.A. said, Carnival had bad experience, but they learned and she said that may be now, they are over it and maybe they give more than other cruise line... quality of food is realy high commented...
Anyway... you did reassure me... and now, I am counting the days more positivily!!
Thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Administrator

In another thread, Cruise Fanatic posted the following: "My Business Development Manager for Carnival said it best one time. When people give her the attitude about Carnival's party ships she says "You've grown up and changed since the 70's and Carnival has too."

That says it all.

Closed Thread

Tags
bigger, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruisemariner, food, freedom, mariner, review, royal, sea, seas, service, spendor, splendor