Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2005, 01:23 PM

Has anyone else noticed the negative tenor of a lot of postings recently? It's getting so that I don't even want to sign on any more. I was getting used to this site because it provides me with escapist fantasy and everyone seemed so... positive. Now it seems as though there is a 50% chance of having my blood pressure raised by some new poster that has a hair trigger temper and an axe to grind.

Do you think it's because of the Carnival mess?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:37 PM

I think it was the Carnival situation. I haven't read it on Royal Caribbean's or Holland's section of this site. They still have the same sweetness from one poster to the next, people trying to answer questions or share good times.

I think the problem may be that we can't hear the tone of a person's voice or read his face to see what it is he wants when he posts. Maybe he just needs to vent or hear that someone else had a rotten time too. Perhaps we should have just said, that really stinks. I'm so sorry your vacation was ruined. Surely Carnival will take care of you.

The other posters are also right when they say a ruined vacation is small potatoes when compared with what happened to the Gulf coast, but maybe the people with ruined vacations don't want to hear that just yet. I believe they're just as sorry about what happened in New Orleans as anyone else, but they had something valuable taken from them without their consent. In a sense, they had their vacation stolen from them and given to someone else, someone who probably doesn't even want it.

I think we will calm down and be nice to each other soon. It's just that right now some of us are hurting.

Old 09-17-2005, 03:28 AM

Carlalena1,

did you receive my private message?

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-17-2005, 09:43 AM

I did indeed, Raoul. I am going to respond to it asap as I have something else I wanted to bring up.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:36 AM

No problem - I just wanted to make sure you received it.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-17-2005, 01:23 PM

I hope I didn't appear to be preaching to the choir. I certainly didn't intend to. I was just kinda thinking aloud...umm... thinking with my keyboard.

Old 09-17-2005, 01:43 PM

Don't worry, Marian.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-17-2005, 03:09 PM

Marian,
I agreed with your "thoughts" and did not feel you were preaching to the choir. It seems whenever there is some major situation that causes consternation or anger - the boards (all over the Internet) tend to get a bit negative (Carnival, NCL and Celebrity all come to mind right now). Although we like to keep things positive here, this forum is still designed as a place for people to vent and we welcome free speech - as long is it does not violate netiquette or is vindictive in nature. I have found it best to just choose not to respond to those comments that are made solely for the purpose of "venting".
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread