Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2005, 09:01 AM

We are thinking about taking a cruise in May. We have a son who just turned 3. We are looking for a cruise that has some interesting ports (more history than beach type) that would be okay with him. We are thinking of Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston, because we could drive down. I'd love to go to Disney but my husband doesn't seem to want to and thinks they're too expensive.

We are interested in the kids areas of the ships. Can parents take their kids to these areas without them being part of the kid club? I don't think I'd want him to be in a pool if I wasn't there to keep watch of him. He hasn't had alot of exposure to swimming yet. But, I think he'd enjoy arts and crafts, playroom, etc. I know he has to be potty trained in the Rhapsody program, is this also necessary if we are with him in the children's areas? We have a little time to work with him, but he's currently showing no signs of wanting to potty train.

Any suggestions for the best cruises for us would be appreciated. Also, recommendations for discounted Disney cruises would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Susan
Old 02-14-2005, 09:01 AM

We are thinking about taking a cruise in May. We have a son who just turned 3. We are looking for a cruise that has some interesting ports (more history than beach type) that would be okay with him. We are thinking of Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston, because we could drive down. I'd love to go to Disney but my husband doesn't seem to want to and thinks they're too expensive.

We are interested in the kids areas of the ships. Can parents take their kids to these areas without them being part of the kid club? I don't think I'd want him to be in a pool if I wasn't there to keep watch of him. He hasn't had alot of exposure to swimming yet. But, I think he'd enjoy arts and crafts, playroom, etc. I know he has to be potty trained in the Rhapsody program, is this also necessary if we are with him in the children's areas? We have a little time to work with him, but he's currently showing no signs of wanting to potty train.

Any suggestions for the best cruises for us would be appreciated. Also, recommendations for discounted Disney cruises would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Susan
Old 02-20-2005, 05:23 AM

Susan,
In order to use the Kid's playroom and participate in the Adventure Ocean activites, children must be potty trained on Royal Caribbean, no exceptions. It is my understanding that parent's do not stay with their children in these facilities, but if potty trained, you could pick and choose which activities you wish him to participate in. Be aware that he will not be allowed in the pools on Royal Caribbean if he is not potty trained.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
3year, alaska, cruise, cruises, disney, galveston, good, lines, olds, review, reviews, year, years, yr