Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 08:03 AM

I agree with annies statement that it is a religious experience! I always tell my kids "enjoy this" or "you'll never see that again!" and they have started to tell me to come out and see the beautiful sunset! Every experience we shared on board was something we thought was special because you don't get to experience it every day. I have friends who did an AI in Porta Vallarta and had the worst time ever and we went there on the cruise and saw it as the best time ever. We look forward to the next cruise together and hope to have one every year so we can experience all this stuff over and over. Especially the beautiful sunrise and sunsets like you've never seen before!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Banned

For me it is mainly about singing.

I sang in a band for years, but now that I am "over the hill" I don't do the band thing anymore...but I still love to sing.

I use karaoke to enjoy doing what I love. Unfortunately, where I live, most of the karaoke is either in a biker bar or a hour's drive away done from 10PM to 2AM.

Carnival gives me a safe (and usually smoke free) venue to enjoy doing what I love. 3 hours every night and I am in heaven!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:39 AM

That is so cool. I don't think you are over the hill yet! You are only over the hill when you quit doing things you love

Besides my other reasons posted for loving cruising, I have just been reminded of one more. I meet some of the nicest people. People I would not have ever met on dry land.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:37 PM

The reason I love cruising so much is that it is as relaxing as you want it to be, no stress about finding food, drinks, friends, or things to do. You are on the WATER being gently rocked to sleep every night. Lots of shows. Oh yea, if you drink a little no DUI's because they are not going ot let you drive the ship. And every cruise that I have ever been on met lots of people that still stay in touch. Did I mention a little about gambling? Yep thats there to. oh yea LIKE MINDED PEOPLE doing the same things others like to do which is "have fun". And the food and service is above most restraunts and hotels. need I say anymore?

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-28-2006, 02:32 PM

Hi All,
I agree with everyone that has posted. Last year was my first cruise, I knew I would be addicted from the time I set foot on the Sovereign. My ex-boss had talked so much about her cruises, usually 2-3 per year. I was so jealous. Started looking at all the cruise lines and felt that RCC was the one for me.
It was only a 4 day cruise but, I am now hooked. Just booked the Mariner for 10/28/07 for the Eastern Caribbean. I will be counting the days, even it is 365 days.
The feeling of getting up and going on deck to watch the sun rise and that first cup of coffee
while I wrote in my journal. It was wonderful!
My daughter was not to keen on the cruise. My best friend went with me and we shared a cabin,
Deck 2, ugh! Was not crazy with that but It was Okay. I vowed that my next cruise would be a balcony. I lucked up and got a balcony aft on deck 10.
Countrymoon
MSC - Lirica 2008

Old 11-07-2006, 04:17 PM

Amen Penny!!!!! The thought of no cooking, laundry or CO-WORKERS makes me absolutely giddy!!! I can't wait!
Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
To me, it's my one chance to feel pampered. I don't have to cook, clean, fight traffic, feed the animals, mow the grass, tend the garden, trim the hedges, vacuum the pool, and most of all I'm NOT at work. I am on a beautiful ship, on the ocean, going to destinations that are always a wonderful experience, since I love the Caribbean I'm always warm, the food is wonderful, the service is outstanding, and the views are amazing. I can relax in a hot tub, snorkel in beautiful warm water, and enjoy a few island drinks. It's such a wonderful experience to talk to locals and find out their culture, education, job opportunities, and way of life. For icing on the cake, a cruise is the best dollar value vacation. I'm hopelessly hooked.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:47 PM

for the ladies
Old 11-08-2006, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by countrymoon:
Hi All,
I agree with everyone that has posted. Last year was my first cruise, I knew I would be addicted from the time I set foot on the Sovereign. My ex-boss had talked so much about her cruises, usually 2-3 per year. I was so jealous. Started looking at all the cruise lines and felt that RCC was the one for me.
It was only a 4 day cruise but, I am now hooked. Just booked the Mariner for 10/28/07 for the Eastern Caribbean. I will be counting the days, even it is 365 days.
The feeling of getting up and going on deck to watch the sun rise and that first cup of coffee
while I wrote in my journal. It was wonderful!
My daughter was not to keen on the cruise. My best friend went with me and we shared a cabin,
Deck 2, ugh! Was not crazy with that but It was Okay. I vowed that my next cruise would be a balcony. I lucked up and got a balcony aft on deck 10.
Countrymoon

Hey countrymoon when are you going on the Sovereign again? The Balcony cabins are wonderful. I have stayed in them on 3 occasions.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-18-2006, 10:24 AM

While there are numerous reasons we cruise, many already mentioned here, the number one reason for us is that we love the ocean.

We love to be on the ocean, yet we have no desire to own our own boat. We live close enough to the Pacific that we can go there just to have coffee and read the paper on Sunday mornings. My sister in-law lives on a hill overlooking the ocean and we are there nearly every Sunday for dinner and to watch the sunset.

I think the ocean is addicting and you can never get enough of it.

My number two reason for loving to cruise is that I absolutely abhor road travel and would rather stick pins in my eyes than to drive many hours to a vacation destination. Two hours is my max in a car, after that I go buggy. Even flying a few hours to get to a cruise port is pure torture for me. So, when we are on a cruise, the ship takes me places and I can lay down or walk around while getting there.

We love to get up early and watch the approach into port and we love to go up on deck at night, the ocean is beautiful then. We're always surprised that more people don't take advantage of those opportunities and only rouse when the ship has been docked and that the decks are empty at night. There is so much more to a cruise than gambling, eating, dancing and watching song and dance shows. The best show there is has no lines, no crowds and there is no charge to see the stars and the moonlight on the ocean, nor the jewel-like setting of the port towns.

Closed Thread

Tags
addicting, cruise, cruises, cruising, crusies, doesnt, eat, enjoy, kind, love, much, ocean, people, ships, the