Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

For me it is such a relaxing and fun filled adventure. On a cruise, there is usually always something to do, but relaxing is always acceptable. On a land based vacation, sometimes you feel like you need to be driving somewhere or looking at somehting, but on a cruise you just go somewhere and chill.

Reasons people might not like cruising are sea sickness, feeling confined to such a small space for such a prolonged amount of time but my next cruise wont get booked soon enough!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:16 AM

I am on a ship.

I am going to places I love.

I am not at work.

I eat pretty well too.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:08 AM

I love seeing places I cannot get by car (Alaska Cruises). Its relaxing and I meet all kinds of people from all over the world. I made friends with a couple from Canada this trip, up new the Yukon Territories, met some super people from England and Australia and yet also met people who live 1-1/2 hours from me. Its just a neat way to travel.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:52 AM

To me, it's my one chance to feel pampered. I don't have to cook, clean, fight traffic, feed the animals, mow the grass, tend the garden, trim the hedges, vacuum the pool, and most of all I'm NOT at work. I am on a beautiful ship, on the ocean, going to destinations that are always a wonderful experience, since I love the Caribbean I'm always warm, the food is wonderful, the service is outstanding, and the views are amazing. I can relax in a hot tub, snorkel in beautiful warm water, and enjoy a few island drinks. It's such a wonderful experience to talk to locals and find out their culture, education, job opportunities, and way of life. For icing on the cake, a cruise is the best dollar value vacation. I'm hopelessly hooked.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:57 AM
You get to see a different place every day or so & only have to unpack/pack once.
Someone does the cooking & cleaning I just have to show up.
What could be better!!!
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-18-2006, 10:47 AM

The biggest advantage to me is the fact that all you have to do is find the ship. Everything from that point on is taken care of. No driving -- no getting lost!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:41 AM

Although you are on a ship with 100s, if not 1000s of other passengers, you can be alone and away from it all. Or you can meet all kinds of people, your choice. There is always something to do, or nothing to do. The phone doesn't ring, there are no knocks at the door. Your time is exactly that, yours. You enjoy a four star Hotel that feeds you all you can eat, and gives you endless choices of what to eat. You wake up everyday with a new adventure at your door step. You can spend endless hours on your balcony just watching the world slide by. The choices are really endless. All of this, for the best dollar for dollar value you can get in terms of a vacation. When I retire, it will be to Cruise
Cunnard
NCL
Old 10-23-2006, 02:05 AM

That was pretty well put IMHO.

I started out just to be on a ship and see the water..The Addiction set in
Old 10-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Banned

Kit, very well said! I agree totally!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:07 AM

Well, about me and cruising...I'm surprised that I love it so much actually. I have a problem even crossing a bridge over water! So I had to be really impressed to forget where I am! ha!

I am a nature nut! I think sunsets and sunrises are absolutely beautiful, and worth getting up before dawn to see. On a ship, the water and sky seem to run together as one, both breathtakingly beautiful.

The only beach I had ever seen in my life, before cruising, was Galveston, and it isn't even pretty! So, when I would see pictures of the beaches of Cozumel or other Caribbean beaches, I thought the water color had been touched up to enhance the picture! Really! I know...I've led a sheltered life! But, when I saw the aqua blue water for myself, it was kind of a religous experience for me. God really did good! We are so blessed to have this beautiful earth to feast our eyes upon!

As for the ship itself. You couldn't be treated anymore special. I agree with you guys! No driving, no cleaning, no cooking, no lawn, no work at all!! You can get up from the table 3 times a day and never have to take a dish with you!! WOW! Treated like kings and queens...total relaxation!

The only thing to make cruising better...is to be sure to share it with someone you love, and good friends! LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH!! PRICELESS!!

Happy Cruisin' Everyone!!

Closed Thread

Tags
addicting, cruise, cruises, cruising, crusies, doesnt, eat, enjoy, kind, love, much, ocean, people, ships, the