Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 11:59 AM
My first cruise - a 14 day Mediterranean on the old Royal Princess. I was supposed to accompany my Mom, but she died beforehand so my sister and I went. We were part of a group and all the excursions were arranged as well. We had perfect weather and a fantastic time. Needless to say, I was hooked on cruising.
Of course, each cruise is special in its own way.

Need some cruise help?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:14 PM
My best memories are of a 4 day cruise to Halifax N.S. aboard the Carnival Mardi Gras. Carnival was a new cruise line in those days and they made it an absolutely fun cruise. The good times and our sprited fellow cruisers provide a lasting memory. Many of those cruisers have remained active friends and we have since cruised together many tiimes o'er!

BillyBuzzy
Old 01-20-2009, 08:04 PM

I have never been on a cruise before but am looking to book one on the norwegian pearl in Alaska from seattle. I am very afraid of just being way out there in the water does anyone have any info you want to give.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:09 AM
Hi Kristina,
Welcome and don't be afraid. I loved going thru the inside passageway. Most times you see land on both side and I never felt "being way out there in the water". It was mostly smooth as glass. You might want to purchase a DVD on cruising the inside passageway and take a look. This cruise wouldn't even come close to a TransAtlantic.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-22-2009, 05:33 AM
I've only done two The Freedom of the Seas and Carnival Liberty and thus far the Freedom of the Seas is my pick.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 AM

We just came back from our tenth. My favorite so far was a 5-day on the Holiday out of Mobile, Alabama. The ship is tiny by today's standards, but the crew was incredible. I remember the better than average service. We visited Calica and Cozumel, some wonderful places, and really just relaxed.

2004 - Fascination
2005 - Ecstasy, Elation
2006 - Sensation, Holiday
2007 - Fantasy, Glory
2008 - Holiday, Sensation
2009 - Fantasy, Valor, Glory
Coming up:
2010 - Monarch OTS
Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 PM

My favorite was on the Holiday as well. It was a few weeks after 9-11 leaving out of San Juan. Everyone was incredible and super friendly. I met an English man at the Bus Stop that had been stuck on the ship for two runs because of the flights. He was drinking one of those giant Foster's and I commented on it. I got up for a second to say hi to the musician, and he had bought me one. They were finally going to get a flight out of Barbados the next day. It was an awesome cruise because of so many things, the friendliness of everyone was probably the main reason.

Dwayne
Old 09-06-2009, 12:43 PM

The Freedom OTS, and Liberty OTS were both great trips, because the ships are so amazing!
Caribbean Princess in 03 was fun, because it was my first Eastern Carib trip, and we also went with 8 friends...
The two European cruises were very enjoyable because of the ports....
2009--NCL Sky
2009--Carnival Destiny
2009--RCCL Freedom of the Seas
2008--Celebrity Constellation
2007--HAL Westerdam
2007--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2006--Caribbean Princess
2005--RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2003--Carnival Imagination
2002--RCCL Monarch of the Seas
2001--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2000--Carnival Imagination
1999--Carnival Fascination
1998--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1996--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1994--NCL Windward
1993--NCL Westward
Old 09-06-2009, 03:23 PM
My favorite cruise was a Grand Mediterranean cruise on the brand new Grand Princess in 1998. My wife and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary (2 years late, but that's another story) and it was our first time to Europe together and our first cruise together. We were booked on Grand Princess' 4th cruise, but the Maiden Voyage was cancelled so we were actually on her 3rd sailing.

I know today we are all used to seeing mega-ships; but try to imagine what the first Grand Class ship looked like in 1998. Grand Princess was over twice the tonage and capacity of the original Royal Princess. I will never forget standing on the dock in Barcelona with hundreds of other anxious cruisers, all straining our necks to see to the top of this giant, and everybody strangely silent, as if in shock.

By far my favorite cruise experience. But then I've never had one that was less than wonderful.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:10 PM

Dear Frase,

Favorite cruise was my "eight" was definitely in May of 2009 on the Crown Eastern Med and Greek Isles 12 day. Our 11 year was with us and just seeing the delight on his face when we saw the Acropolis, the Coloseeum, Ephesus, St. Marks, the Vatican, David in Florence was enough for us to start planning for next summer when hopefully our 17 year old will join us. Unless he has a summer job. Job comes first - medical school is not cheap!!!! Next cruise is any cruise when both both are with us which is usually during Xmas or March Break because then we travel with our friends and our kids's best friends and that makes any cruise fun. As they say, the more the merrier. The best part of cruising is all getting together at a table for 10 and having a nice dinner and discussing the events and tours of the day!!!!

Closed Thread