Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I am not sure if this question has been posted here before. But it really goes to the core of why we all are here.

This question will be especially interesting when answered by the more expierienced cruisers amoung us. I am sure a few details as to why, would also be appreciated. So, tell us all what your favorite cruise was.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi Fraze,
My husband and I were both in the Air Force stationed in Germany. I also met and married him while being stationed there. Germany was divided back than and we were not able to go to Eastern Germany. The idea of going to Russia was out of the question. So for us on our 25th to go back to Germany and visit places like Berlin, Poland and St Petersburg and several other places that were at one time part of Russia was unbelievable and so very exciting to us. We had lunch at Vladimir Putin's favorite restaurant! I always tell my friends I am facing my childhood fears, Russia was one growing us as a child during the cold war..........next stop Vietnam and China

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Our 2000 Inside Passage cruise has to be the most meaningful and favorite so far. This was the first time in 15 years of marriage that we took a "vacation" alone. Prior to this, vacation was always "visiting relatives" somewhere... this was the first time we would be alone for 7 days without knowing anyone else around us. So, besides the incredible views on the sail up and back, the great visits in towns that were new to us, we learned that we could spend a week alone and could function without the distractions of family obligations.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:15 PM

I would say either of our Alaskan Cruises. They were scenic from the start to the end. We had great weather on both cruise. I think we could do an Alaskan Cruise every year. We are doing it again this year.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:09 AM

For me I guess it was our Emerald Princess cruise. It was only a 10 day Caribbean, most ports we had been to before, but I had survived the poison part of my chemo. I still had another 7 months of IV stuff, but I survived the really touch and go part. This one on the Royal would be the next. We went to some fantastic new ports, my hair is growing back and I'm through with the IV stuff for now. Oh yes, I have 2 birthdays underneath my belt.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 PM

Wow, that is a tough question. I don't know if it was the cruise on my honeymoon, or the first time I took my kids on a cruise, or when my daughter was selected to perform onstage. I suppose, my favorite cruise was on the Celebrity Century. Even though I was 6 months pregnant, and couldn't enjoy any alcohol, I still cherish that cruise.

MamaofEnS
Carnival Ecstasy June 2002
Carnival Elation August 2000
Celebrity Century June 1998
Carnival Carnivale August 1993

Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
For me I guess it was our Emerald Princess cruise.
I seem to remember back in summer 2007 telling you what a great cruise you would have on the Emerald.....I'm pleased that you think it is one of your favourites.
I enjoyed my sailing on the Emerald Princess immensely.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 AM

I would have to say our first cruise as it was on the small "Song of America" in 94 I think. I guess if we could take the rock and roll out of San Juan into the Atlantic on that ship we were in and hooked by the whole aspect of being out there.

Congratulaltions Penny !

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-15-2009, 01:44 PM

After 16 cruises it is really hard to pick just one that was my favorite. They have all been great. I always thought our 1st on the Carnival Festival was the best since it was our first. Boy have the cruise ships changed since then. I remember sitting in the dinning room watching the water in our glasses dip from side to side. There were not the stabilizers that they have now. 2nd favorite was on the Destiny with a large group of friends. We were able to take our daughter and son-in-law along on this one. Have so many good memories from that one. My feeling that any cruise is my favorite especially while I'm on it.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
It is really hard to pick just one cruise, each of them have special meaning to me. I have favorite ships and ports but to just pick one cruise can't be done. So just cruising is my favorite.

Closed Thread