Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: Fellow cruise-chat members,

HAL has finally changed their tipping policy!

According to John Craig
Vote yes if you agree with change. 5 50.00%
No if you think it is a mistake. 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 07:56 AM

I really agree - treating the crew members who serve us as people, not robots, and being nice and friendly to them usually brings out the best in them. I have had some super stewards and waiters on all different cruise lines, and maybe some of that is because of the way I treat them - at least I would hope I act toward them the way I would want to be treated, were I in their position! I know people who treat folks in service jobs as lower class, and it really bugs me when they do. (Maybe because I have done my time as a waitress in the past? )
Old 09-20-2004, 05:55 PM

As for the new tipping policy on HAL...I agree...its about time. The tipping optional catch phrase only attracted the cheap cruise passengers who didn't tip anyone anyway. My wife and I and now our kids love HAL and have never had a bad experience on their ships. However we have seen some very bad passengers treat the crew with such disrespect that they should have been booted off the ship. Those are the passengers that you just know never tip anyone. We have found the service on HAL to be great and not in your face. If you need something all you have to do is ask. Its that simple. It seems that some people think that crew members are mind readers....its amazing how a little kindness will be appreciated by the crew and they will do anything for you. For the life of me I can't figure all the complaints are with HAL...and after 20 plus sailing with them....I think I would have seen some of the problems. For a mass market line....they are tops in my book.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, cruise, hal, holland, page, policy, shelley, tipping